"➏➐" : ᴛᴀʟᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ

Start from the beginning

With light footsteps, I tiptoed out of the bathroom and towards the bedroom door, twisting the polished brass knob. I glanced at Damon who was still sleeping, my lips twisting into a small smile at the sight.

He was sleeping on his stomach, eyes shut peacefully, not a hint of any worry. For someone who enjoyed being bad and dark, he looked so innocent and...ugh, a baby! He looked like a fricking baby I wanted to coddle so bad. How much time do you think it took God to make this beautiful man?

A strong urge rose within me, my hand involuntarily falling from the doorknob as Damon shifted in his sleep, laying on his back. The sheets on his body were sinfully low now, uncovering his bare torso. His hair was all messed up over his forehead, my eyes following his chest as it rose and fell. Wouldn't it be such a shame to say that I've underestimated how beautiful he looked while sleeping? And sexy. Irresistibly sexy. It should be illegal to look like this.

Forgetting what I was supposed to do, I did what I wanted to do because who could ever resist Damon Salvatore? Certainly not me. I straddled him, brushing the hair out of his forehead gently before placing a kiss on top of it. Then the tip of his nose, his cheeks and finally finding his lips. My fingertips traced the curves of his chest and midriff, followed by my lips and he shivered underneath my touch, opening his eyes.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty!" I said cheerily, giving his nipples a few introductory kisses. "What would you like for breakfast today? Something fancy-schmancy or plain old me?"

His chest vibrated against my lips as he chuckled and I smiled, placing my head on his chest. "Good morning, my breakfast," He replied playfully, placing a kiss on top of my head as he wrapped his arms around me. "You're far more exquisite than anything else in the world...you could suffice me forever,"

"Cheater," I mumbled against his chest pouting at his ability to make me melt with his words because that's what I just did. I melted in his arms.

The way I clung to him reminded me of a koala hugging a tree to keep itself cool in the scorching heat. Unlike the animal, I was clinging to Damon for his warmth. He was the only thing I could hold onto while my world veered out of control.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice him tucking me in next to him. My face was buried in his chest once again, arms entwined with his muscular ones. His whole body was wrapped around mine, a grin on his face as I tilted my head up to meet his lips.

"Is this heaven?" I purred softly, feeling his soft lips stay put on my forehead for several seconds.

"Mmm...I can assure you I'm no angel," He answered with a smirk.

"Could've fooled me," I joked, ruffling his hair before taking his hand in mine. "You, my love, are my raven-haired and blue-eyed personal heaven on this earth, and as long as you're with me, I don't care if the Devil's waiting for my soul in hell,"

He beamed, hugging me tightly which I happily reciprocated. "As you're mine, baby. As you're mine,"

━━━✿━━━ ● ✿ ● ━━━✿━━━

Noon approached and all of us found ourselves in the mansion's library, surrounded by books as the other days. I skimmed through the pages, looking for anything related to spirit magic. There was nothing we had found so far that could explain how Ethan managed to pull out my magic.

I groaned in frustration, closing the big old book with a thud. The other three people in the room gave me a sympathetic look, irritating me even more. Pity wasn't what I needed right now, information was.

"Ro-Ro," Lily grinned at me, holding up a book in her hands. "Look what I just found,"

I practically lunged at her, snatching the book away and placed it down for everyone to see. "Calm your tits down, sis!" Riley chuckled at my enthusiasm, so did Damon.