Thirty one

Liar

Liar

Liar

Continuously echoed in Kiana's head tauntingly, as she let those words slip and told Luca to his face that she hadn't fallen for him.

She lied.

She had lied right to his face.

She had.

She had in fact fallen for him.

She had fallen hard, a long time ago.

She was just using sex to ignore it, she was using sex with him because she didn't want to let him go. She wanted to push the feeling into the back of her head, because Luca was trouble.

Luca was her patient.

She couldn't have romantic feelings, she couldn't fall for him. She wasn't even meant to be having sex with him but she broke all those rules and now she had to just let him walk away.

Breaking the rules - now that was something she wasn't meant to do as a therapist.

Luca trusted her and she took advantage by having sex with him, it was against her moral compass, but yet she couldn't stop, not because she wanted to just use his dick, but because he anchored her in a sense. Without realising it, when she was helping him, she became a better therapist to her other patients, she hung out with Tom and Cassie more, she even felt normal for once. She felt like Luca was helping her as well as her helping him.

She didn't know he was an addict until she reread through her notes the other week and she concluded it, so she wanted to slowly move away from sex.

She wanted to slowly lean him away from it so he would be able to open up without the distraction and the reward of it, but she realised now she would of done it sooner if he was already addicted.

But the thing is, he wasn't showing any signs of a usual addict.

Kiana knew the signs and Luca wasn't showing them, if he was, she would of stopped straight away, but he must of been at hiding them in the case of being addicted to her, he was hiding it because she had now realised that he was so used to keeping himself together infront of people that he didn't allow her to see that broken side to him which she was meant to be fixing, which actually did more damage of him hiding it, than showing it.

So now, she had just let him go because she couldn't tell him that she had fallen because that would cause more problems than resolve them.

So she had to let him go.

She had to stare into his pleading eyes and lie to him. She had to lie. She had to lie to make it easier and now she had to move on.

She had to forget all about Luca, because if he wasn't willing to help himself by getting another therapist and talking to someone about his problems, they couldn't be together. She couldn't be his therapist and his girlfriend, it would be too much. She had to have a clear divide between her work life and her everyday life and Luca would blur those lines and it would effect her badly.

She didn't want to go down a bad path.

So she said goodbye.

She said goodbye to the mystery of Luca Romano and the secrets of his life.

She said goodbye to the best dick she had ever gotten.

And she said goodbye to one of the most persistent men she had ever met.

Goodbye Luca Romano.

Well that's what should of happened, instead Luca briefly exhaled to calm himself down, stepping away from Kiana, and walking back over to her desk.