Thirteen

Kiana was driving home. The day was going so well, until whatever that was.

She couldn't do this.

She just needed a break.

A break from what her life was.

It was in pieces. She thought she did one thing right and then the past came right up and literally fucked with her.

She sounded dramatic right now, but Kiana thrived off of not being involved in drama and just living her life in peace.

She was already that girl back in secondary school, who everyone knew everything about and she liked it at the time, but then she grew to hate it. She hated the idea of everyone knowing her business and recognising her when she went out in her home town, so she moved. She got her head down in college and got into uni. She graduated and moved in with Tom and Cassie.

No more drama, just peace and quiet.

And now her sleeping with Luca just put her in a whirlwind of complications.

Not only was it affecting her friendships, because she had created a bond with Francesca of the empty space in her heart that she wished her mother filled. Now she was more confused than ever because she was attracted to Luca. And she couldn't have that. He'd break her or she'd break him.

Either way they'd be the end of each other.

Tears threatened to spill from her eyes.

This was all too much. She just wanted something to go right for once.

She just needed to make it home she thought. Back in the safety of her bed and everything will all be okay.

As she was driving back, she couldn't let her mind rest.

Driving was meant to be relaxing. Instead, her head was full of thoughts.

Voices in her head rushing through one and a time.

She couldn't do this anymore.

She just wanted everything to stop.

She wanted to end it all.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Instantly Kiana was pulled from her thoughts and realised she was in the wrong lane and had almost collided head on with another car.

She's almost killed herself.

She was numb.

She didn't care anymore.

The idea of ending it all felt like a breath of fresh air to her. Should she do it?

She was pondering on the idea when Cassie and Tom came to mind. She couldn't do that to her two bestfriends. They'd be heartbroken.

Kiana began to blame herself.

She put herself in this situation.

If only she wasn't dumb enough to walk into that bathroom that night, everything would be so different.

Without realising she'd found herself infront of her house.

Desensitised to just about everything, Kiana wordlessly got out of her car, walked into her house, put the left overs in the fridge and made her way to her room.

She locked her bedroom door.

She never locked it.

A sigh escaped her lips as she rested her head against the locked door.

She needed to be alone. Even if it was in the dark with her demons, she just wanted space to breathe.

She unlocked her phone and texted Sophie, informing her that she should pass her patients onto any other available therapists for an unknown amount of time.

Without even waiting for a response from her assistant, she turned her phone off, changed into her pyjamas and laid in bed.