Twenty three

She had made it to her office building. As she looked up from her phone and smiled at her receptionist, Sophie, she noticed the time. It was 10:38 AM, she was eight minutes late.

She smiled to herself.

"Dr. Davidson, are you okay?" Sophie asked, furrowing her brows at her boss. She was never late. This was very odd to her. She knew she had been off for the past couple of months for personal reasons, but she seemed okay ever since she got back and when she got into professional mode, she made everything perfect, so her being late really threw Sophie off.

"Oh Sophie, I'm feeling great" Kiana said sarcastically as she made her way to the lifts, pressing the up button.

"Oh okay, well Mr. Romano hasn't arrived yet" Sophie called out

"Oh, how shocking?" Kiana muttered under her breath as she stepped into the lift

"I'll send him straight up when he-" Sophie started as she looked at the doors of the building

Kiana paid no attention to her assistant, simply because she couldn't deal with her cheery mood today. It was the same old small talk. She was a nice woman but today Kiana just wanted peace and quiet.

Just as she was about to smile and wave off the rest of Sophie's statement whilst the lift doors closed, she noticed Sophie wasn't talking. She furrowed her brows as she looked up from her phone.

That's when she saw him.

She didn't think he would make it. She didn't think he would come. She didn't think she would now be in a lift staring at him.

"Tesoro" he breathed out

"Mr. Romano" she gritted, turning to leave the lift, when the doors abruptly shut.

Shit. She was stuck in here with him.

"I'm so-"

"No" she stopped him

"Tesoro-"

"It's Dr. Davidson. Mr. Romano, I advise you to use my professional name as you are my patient and my patient only" she stated, staring at the numbers on the lift screen increase as they went up

Luca could tell she was annoyed. She had every right to be, but talking to him like that was something he wouldn't allow. She was the one, who was fucking not only another man, but woman as well. Luca couldn't deny he did enjoy the show but she was his and his only.

He saw the lift nearing their floor but he couldn't let it. He couldn't let her step out of those doors or else everything would be under her control. She would have the upper hand.

It was her office, her domain, she could refuse to continue to see him for sessions. She could ignore him and only talk about his problems.

He couldn't have that. He needed to have her alone, on neutral ground.

That's when he quickly pulled the emergency stop button.

A sudden jolt of the lift brought Kiana out of her concentration on the lift floors increasing on the screen. The entire lift had stopped.

The lights hadn't flickered, there was no panic. She was confused.

As she finally turned around to see what Luca's reaction to the lift stopping would be, she noticed him calm and collected. She also noticed he was stood directly in front of the lift buttons, anything and everything which would halt their ability to move at any point.

For fuck sake, he had pulled it on purpose.

"What did you-"

"Tesoro we need to-"