Eighteen

Kiana stirred awake on the sofa. She instantly regretted her choice. Not in sleeping next to Luca but with her hair. Luckily for her she had worn it in two French braids going back into a ponytail, but that didn't help with the ponytail at the back being bound to be matted when she took it out.

She sighed in annoyance at the task she knew she'd have to conquer at some point. She felt his arm snake tighter around her waist and she smiled at the action. It was the first time in a while since she'd shared a bed with anyone.

She missed the company.

In all honesty, she'd missed Luca and she didn't know why.

Her fingers began to trace over the intricate details of his tattoos.

She wondered what the meanings of them were. There's no way a man would get his this many tattoos without meaning behind them.

"You like my tattoos?" Luca asked in a gruff voice

His voice alone startled Kiana.

She didn't know he was awake. She didn't answer him.

Instead, she unwrapped herself from the man who watched her every movement and began to get dressed.

"Are you going to tell me why you turned up to my office last night?" She asked

"I-I...erm... I needed to see you" Luca stuttered watching her remove his shirt from her body.

He didn't know what to say. He technically had told her the truth, he did need to see her but he shouldn't of. He was still under investigation and he'd just risked her being classed as involved with him, all because of his nightmares.

"Luca, that's not enough of a reason to come and see me. You were upset last night. You asked for my help. I'll be happy to refer you to another therapist if you're willing to take therapy seriously, it's-" Kiana assured

"No." Luca spoke

Standing up to his full height he lifted Kiana's chin up for her to look into his eyes.

"I want your help. Yours and yours only." He stated

"I-I... I can't help you Luca and you know that. It wouldn't be a professional relationship" she advised

"Yes, we fucked. Twice. It was good, very good. But can you tell me you have feelings for me?" He questioned

"I don't, but-" She started, knowing she was lying just to herself and him. She couldn't admit she liked him.

"But nothing, bella. I trust you. I need you. You're the only one who can help me. I don't care about those previous times." He declared, convincing her and himself that there was nothing more than a platonic relationship between the two. He was lying, he liked her but he couldn't tell her.

Kiana bit the inside of her mouth. She was conflicted. She knew she shouldn't turn a patient away. But Luca was more than a patient. He was... something more to her. She couldn't figure out what but she couldn't say yes.

"Dr. Davidson I promise you, everything between us will be strictly platonic, no more teasing, no more sexual advances, nothing. I just need you." He pleaded

She realised he'd called her, her professional name for the first time since they'd met. He was serious. "Fine, but put some clothes on. If I'm now your therapist, we're going to do this properly" Kiana answered, switching to her professional state of mind.

If Luca was now her patient she couldn't have feelings, she could only be his therapist.

Luca smiled at the woman before him.

He felt relived.

It was his first night in months that he'd actually had a good nights sleep.

He began to put on his clothes, listening to her previous request.

"Before we start being professional I just wanted to say I'm clean, if you were worried about going to the doctors and stuff... I didn't even think about condoms with you. It was dumb and stup-"

"Yes, okay Luca. I get it. I know you're clean I got myself checked out the day after we first met. And I'm on the pill for your information, so need to worry about a baby" She explained

Luca opened his mouth to respond when Kiana held her hand up to him, signalling for him not to speak about it further.