Chapter 45: The big three part 3

~|✧|~

______________________________

"he went under!" Sato yells

Deku turns around and Mirio immediately pops up behind him, deku goes in for a kick but his leg goes through his arm.

"my ultimate move! Blinder-touch-eyeball-crush!" Mirio yells sticking his arm through Deku's face so he can't see.

he pivots himself underneath the boy midair and punches him straight in the gut. 

"I've discovered that most people try to launch a counterattack just like you did. so naturally I've trained to work around such moves, nice try though!" he congratulates the discombobulated boy as he slips back through to floor to attack everyone else.

"Midoriya!" Lida calls as Deku hits hte ground. Lida whirls around realizing that Mirio was coming right at him from behind but before he can even react, the blonde's fist is in his stomach.

"Damn!" Kirishima exclaims trying to figure out where he will come up next but is then also punched in the belly.

Mirio continues his way through the group knocking each one out with a gut punch and then strikes a pose yelling 

"power!" 

"hey check out Togata, huh he's gotten super powerful lately." Nejire comments laughing while walking over to Tamaki who still has his head to the wall.

"are you even watching?" she asks the purple haired boy.

"Mirio's been strong ever since we were little kids, the problem is he needs to learn how to hold back" Tamaki says gesturing towards all of us students who are laying on the floor groaning in pain. 

"I tried to make it so you wouldn't see my willy, sorry if ya got a peek. but, anyway that's a taste of what it's like to fight me." Mirio says cheerfully.

"we all just got punched in the stomach without ever knowing what was going on" Deku says as we all get up, holding our arms to our bellies.

"right, so, whaddaya think, isn't my quirk strong?" he asks tilting his head to the side.

"yeah, it's too strong!" Sero yells

"that's not fair! mine's nothing in comparison!" Hagakure exclaims waving her invisible arms in the air.

"how can you still through things and warp, do you have two powers like Todoroki does?" Mina asks clenching her fists in frustration.

"nope, just the one" he answers her question.

"hm, just one..." Deku says

"ooh! I know! I'll tell you what is quirk is!" Nejire says sticking her arm up into the air.

"can I say it!? can I say it!?" She exclaims turning back to Mirio.

"Permeation! cool right?" she announces, not waiting for his answer.

"Hado, let Mirio explain his own power..." Tamaki mumbles.

"yup! I've got a sweet quirk that's called permeation, what you guys thought was a warp was you guessed it! simply an alternative application of that power" Mirio explains.

"so how exactly do you warp huh?" Deku asks getting all nerdy.

"I activate my quirk in my entire body. then I can pass through anything I want no sweat! everything! that includes solid ground.

"so, that was you, falling through the floor of the gym!?" Uraraka exclaims surprised.

"that's right, I went deep underground. and then whenever I release my quirk while I'm falling, something super strange happens. since things of mass can't overlap, that's called physics, I get repelled upward!" Mirio explains.

"think of it this way, the ground spits me out, and I fly up into the air! that's how my 'warp' works! by adjusting the direction I'm facing or the pose I'm holding, I can change the angle I come out at, so I can aim at different spots" he continues.

"that sounds like a buggy video game..." Mina comments.

"hey that's pretty funny!" Mirio bursts out laughing

"you're able to avoid any attacks, and you can move where you want in an instant. awe! you were born with a really strong quirk!" Tsu says in awe, putting a finger on her chin.

"that's not true, my powers only strong because I made it that way. while my quirk is activated, my lungs can't take in oxygen, even if I breathe in, the air will just pass through. in the same way my eardrums don't work, and light can't go through my retinas. I can pass through everything but that means I can't feel anything in that state, even though I have a body, I can't stop falling. I could probably keep going down forever. does that make sense?" Mirio says

"that sounds absolutely horrifying" I say.

"yeah, it kind of is... anyways, that's why if I want to pass through something, I have to concentrate really hard. I'll activate everything except one leg, then I release the other leg and land on it, and then the first leg is the last one to go through. even for a simple action like that, there are a bunch of little steps involved." Mirio continues explaining.

"oh man, if I were in a hurry I would mess that up every single time." Kaminari says truning back to Mineta.

"stheriousthly, if you can't feel anything, how are you sthupposthed to move?" Mineta asks.

"growing up, I was always behind as you might expect. in no time, I'd dropped to dead last. I dropped my pants alot too... in order to get to the top with this quirk, I couldn't just hope that things would get better, I had to think. I learned to make combat decisions and picked up a few more tricks, but above all I learned to predict what would happen next, and what made those predictions possible in the first place was experience. I based my predictions on what I'd learned. this was kind of a roundabout way to get the point across, but that's why I wanted to fight. to show you through experience rather than words. in our work studies, we're not treated as guests like in our internships, we're regarded as one of the sidekicks or even as a pro! that can be super scary. pros can get hurt. and sometimes they end up watching people die. but every scary painful thing you go through is an important experience that you can't get inside a classroom, even at UA. I transformed the experience that I got at my work study into power. that's how I got to the top spot. and it's why I think they're worth it, even if you're scared. ya with me first years?" he asks

the whole class starts clapping.

"he even gives pep talks like a pro" Ojiro says clapping

"I can't believe he went through all this for us, even though he could've just explained it" Yaoyorozu says

"so these really are different, I did kinda feel like I missed out on stuff in my internship." Kaminari says to Jiro

"yeah, they tried not to let us do anything too dangerous." she replies grabbing the back of her neck.

"guess it won't be that way during work studies" Sero says holding his chin.

"now that we've got our licenses, we'll be treated like pros once we're on the scene." Lida says making a fist and Uraraka agrees nodding.

"we gotta prepare ourselves for that." Sato says

"it's just what I wanted!" Kirishima yells punching his hand.

"yeah this is great! all of us came to UA because we wanna be pro heroes, right?" Hagakure exclaims.

"that's true" Tokoyami agrees.

"C'est la vie!" Ayoama exclaims 

"we have to keep climbing" Tokoyami continues

"let's get back to class now, say 'thank you'" Mr. Aizawa says getting impatient.

"thank you very much!" the whole class says as we leave the gym.

______________________________

~|✧|~