Chapter 37: that bitch!

~|✧|~

______________________________

suddenly  loud buzzer blares.

"THE LAST STUDENT PASSED!" Mera yells startling me.

"every spot is now filled! 100 students will advance! the end is finally here, wahooo!" he exclaims.

"yeah!" Kirishima and Kaminari exclaim pumping a victory fist up in the air.

"our entire class passed the test, I'm so excited!" Uraraka yells throwing her arms up.

"aw man! I am so proud of us!" Sero says 

"ribbit, ribbit!" Tsu says too excited to use her words.

"we really pulled it off you guys" Deku says relieved.

"I'm so glad everyone passed!" I say running up to Deku who blushes when I get close.  I wonder what provoked that.

"unfortunately, those who failed will now have to withdraw from the licensing exam. please leave the test area immediately." Mera says over the intercom.

"for the hundred of you who passed the test please turn your attention to the screen" he continues, and a everyone in the room looks up at the large screen to see video feed of the arena.

"huh, it's the test arena" Deku points out.

"what's gonna happen next?" Uraraka asks

just as she says that, the buildings on screen suddenly explode and everyone gawks at the screen. 

"wait. does that mean...?" Deku trails off.

"there's only one more round to the exam. your goal is simple, undertake rescue exercises and save the bystanders who are trapped in these disaster sites." Mera explains.

"a rescue mission" Deku breathes.

"save the what now?" Mineta and Kaminari ask

"bystanders, we learned about them in class, remember? they're people at a disaster scene" Hagakure explains to the simple minded beings.

"it can also simply refer to innocent citizens on a street." Yaoyorozu adds

"use this time to show us how you will carry out successful rescue procedures once you receive your provisional licenses. treat this as though it were the real thing" Mera says.

the screen cuts to one of the exploded city streets to show a bunch of little kids and old people crawling around on the debris and getting themselves in place.

"old people and kids?" Kaminaris says

"that'sth stho dangerousth why are they here?" Mineta asks.

"these specialists have been trained as professional 'persons in need of rescue' they're very popular. introducing the 'help us company'. also know as HUC for short" Mera explains.

"so they're actors I guess?" Sero says.

"it's the kind of job you never think about" Tsu says putting a finger to her face.

"but a necessary one in our world since they support our hero training" Ojiro adds. 

(ever notice how people from the MHA universe tend to speak as though they know that there are other worlds out there that are normal like ours?)

"the HUC bystanders have dressed up like injured victims and will be located throughout the disaster site. we'll be judging how well you can keep them safe as you go about your mission.
oh by the way, we'll be scoring you on a point system. if you have more points than the benchmark at the time the exercise comes to an end, then you pass the exam. we'll start in ten minutes so take care of any necessary preparations now." Mera continues.