Chapter 22: The Meeting

~|✧|~

______________________________

as I'm walking back to rejoin the group, I hear rustling in the bushes nearby. My heartbeat quickens and I survey my surroundings looking for what could have made that noise.

"Maya! come here quick!" I hear Toga whisper yell to me.

"Toga?" I ask following the voice.

"cmon, we are gonna regroup before the attack tomorrow" she whispers yanking my arm and pulling me through the forest. 

she takes me up the side of a mountain where the other kid our age is waiting.

"what's with the gear?" I ask Toga pointing at the backpack and mask she's wearing.

"oh, Shiggy thought we needed some new toys. it's ugly tho why couldn't they have made this more stylish?" she complains.

"Shiggy?" I ask chuckling.

"sorry to keep ya waiting darlings" a man with red hair holding a large object says trudging up the mountain with another man wearing a costume that covers his whole body except his mouth which is being held open by the mask.

a few minutes pass and a lizard man dressed up like stain, a man wearing a black cloak and a mask hiding his face and a man who's skin looks like a quilt show up.

"that makes eight of us" the patchwork lookin guy says.

"I don't care. just let me loose! I'm too pumped up to standy by" the cloaked man whines

"shut your mouth you crazy bastard we'll wait we are still expecting three more people." quilt guy says

"who are all of you?" I ask looking around confused, I recognize a few of them from the villain base but never actually learned their names.

"we are the vanguard action squad!" Toga exclaims striking a pose.

"no I meant names" I correct her.

"oh... well this lizard lookin guy is spinner, scar boy over there is Dabi, the guy with the weird mouth is moonfish (he just escaped from prison) the red head is big sis magnus, and the cloaked guy is Muscular. he's got quite the rap sheet!" she exclaims.

"ah ok" I say nodding.

"everyone this is Maya, she's our rat!" Toga says patting me on the back.

"hi Maya" a few of them say

"so let's go over the plan one last time, Toga you have to get at least three peoples blood, spinner and Magnus you will attack the two pussy cats that will be at the clearing while Twice makes a copy of me to attack eraserhead, then I'll send out the Nomu to try and get a few kills in the forest. I want moonfish and compress out in the forest, moonfish you just get as many kills as you can while compress finds Bakugou" Dabi says

I gulp each time he mentions killing, I should do something. but even if I tried to right now they would easily over power me and kill me right here. 

"does everyone have their copies of the list?" Dabi asks looking at the group and they all nod.

"list?" I ask but no one answers my question