Chapter 15: The Exams part 2

~|✧|~

______________________________

(edited June 20th 2021)

"Let's begin. the teams will take the practical exam in the order they were called. we have a stage prepared for you. Sato, Kirishima, you're up" Aizawa announces.

"yes sir," the boys say in unison. 

"for those waiting for their turn to fight can either watch the exams or try to strategize together as a team. it's your choice. that's all" he continues walking into the large building behind him. 

"should we watch or strategize?" I ask turning to Uraraka.

"why not do both?" she suggests.

"sure why not." we follow the teachers into the building and find the monitoring room. once we open the door we notice that Deku is also there.

"oh hey Deku, you're watching the fights too?" I ask while sitting down next to him.

"yeah, it's not like we get many chances to watch our classmates in battle against the teachers. besides, I don't think Kacchan really wants to talk strategy with me. " he says looking down.

"oh... me and Uraraka decided to just multitask, we can strategize while we watch the battles. right Uraraka?" I say turning to her but I see she's gone back to looking upset again.

"why so glum chum?"  I ask her.

"oh uh, nothing..." she says faking a smile.

we hear a robotic voice announce the first team and give our attention to the board. 

first up is Sato and Kirishima against Cementoss.  Cementoss makes a large concrete wall in front of the boys but the smash through it, so he makes a bunch of smaller walls in between him and them. 

"they're not gonna win like this..." Deku says.

"huh?" I question.

"both of their quirks are pretty strong, but there are limits to their powers. I don't think Mr. Cementoss has that kind of limit though. the more time that passes by, the more of a disadvantage they're at."

"ohhh I see what you mean."

"that's not good" Uraraka says.

"it's no coincidence they were matched up, Mr. Aizawa's putting students against teachers they'll have a hard time against. to pass we'll have to recognize our weaknesses, and overcome them." he continues his analysis. 

"exactly right" recovery girl, who I didn't even notice was there, chimes in. 

"you should think carefully about your compatibility with the teacher your fighting" she continues.

"hmm" I hum, my compatibility huh? me and Uraraka's quirks are similar. the teacher we are fighting is Thirteen and her big move is black hole. she will likely try and suck us toward herself to capture us. but she's a teacher and wouldn't go all the way and turn us to dust obviously. our best bet would be to let her bring us near then once we are close enough I can subdue her with my quirk and it'll be easy to handcuff her then. 

"Uraraka, I have an Idea" I say turning to her. 

"what is it?" she asks.

"we should let Thirteen suck us up, then once we are close I can use my quirk to immobilize her so that we can handcuff her. sound like a plan!" I say excited for the upcoming battle.

"yeah sounds good!" she says going back to her peppy self. 

we look back up to the screen and hear a buzzer. 

"Team 1 has been knocked out, exam over." a robotic voice says.

"that was fast..." I say gawking at the two boys laying on the ground on the screen.

"it's only the first match and I'm already needed" Recovery girl mutters getting up from her chair."

"no way... that was so one-sided" Uraraka gasps covering her mouth with her hand.

"their quirks were too ineffective against his" Deku says looking slightly worried. 

"team 2 is up next for the practical exam. ready? go!" the robotic voice says.

the screen shows Tsu and Tokoyami standing in the middle of a room filled with pillars. 

we all three watch in silence as they battle ectoplasm, they end up winning and then the next few teams go up.

after a while of waiting and watching it's finally me and Uraraka's turn.

"hey guys, good luck!" Deku smiles at us.

"thanks Deku!" I say a little flustered. 

"thanks..." Uraraka says quietly 

we start off in a mock city standing atop a building.

"ok first let's find Thirteen!" Uraraka says and I nod. 

"you should make us float and I'll guide us through the air so then we can find her faster." I say

she agrees and touches us making us float. after a bit of surveying the city we find the astronaut looking hero. 

we land on the top of another building and are now facing off with her. before we can even react she yells.

"black hole!" she says whilst opening one of her fingertips and we immediately feel her bringing us towards her.

we grab onto the guardrail of the building both screaming.

I grasp the bar tightly not letting go and Uraraka does the same.

"so uh... while we're here can I ask why you've been acting so weird lately?" I yell over the sound of the rushing air.

she looks forward looking a little uncomfortable.

"well, it's just that you and Deku seem pretty close huh?" she starts.

"I see the way he looks at you, he just doesn't look at me the same. I dunno I guess I'm just a little, jealous of you." she says blushing and I stare at her in disbelief.

"wait what do you mean the way he looks at me? he doesn't look at me a certain way." I say getting flustered.

"yes he does!" she yells getting distracted and loosens her grip on the bar causing her to slip.

"Uraraka!" I yell also letting go.

we are now flying very quickly at Thirteen and just like I expected she stops using black hole.

I hold out my arm lifting her up and Uraraka comes at her from the side latching the handcuffs around her wrist.

"Thirteen has been captured, Uraraka and Suzuki pass the exam." the robotic voice says.

"YES!" we both yell pumping our fists up into the air. 

"anyways, as I was saying. he doesn't" I continue our argument. 

"he does! you're lucky he's a great guy. I hope he makes you happy." she tells me as we walk out of the mock city.

we renter the monitoring room to see Deku waiting there for us and a few of our classmates who had finished their tests.

"that was amazing!" Deku exclaims with stars in his eyes.

ok I guess I can see what Uraraka sees. but there's no way he has a crush on me... right?

______________________________

~|✧|~