Chapter 9: The Sports Festival part 4

~|✧|~

______________________________

(edited June 3nd 2021)

"so uh what now..."  I say filled with adrenaline from the exciting decision that I made all by myself.

"well right now you need to get back to the festival, people will notice if you go missing. afterwards we'll find you and give you a loyalty test, assuming you pass that then we will fill you in on our plan."

"what happens if I don't pass?" I ask

"you don't want to know" he says eerily.

"eep"

"You've got fifteen minutes to form your teams" I hear Midnight's voice on the loudspeaker from here.

"you need to go now." he says motioning for the one called Kurogiri to open a portal beneath me.

I fall through and emerge on the other side back outside the stadium. by now Bakugo must've given up on finding me. I run back out into the field with a stupid grin on my face despite my puffy eyes and bruise face.

I see Deku with a bright red face nervously talking with Uraraka.

"hey guys!" I say still smiling.

"Maya! are you ok? you left all the sudden there." Deku notices my face and freaks out.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU!?"

"oh uh.. Bakugo sorta beat me up heh..." I say with an awkward laugh.

"what an asshole" Uraraka comments.

"anyways do you guys wanna be a team?" I ask them they sort of turn to each other sucking their teeth.

"uh sure, but we gotta be careful. me being second place and you being first makes us huge targets." Deku says.

"for a game that requires so much teamwork it's smart to find people you communicate smoothly with. in fact with both of your quirks and one other person..." he trails off

"Ya know what I think I have a solid plan" he grabs both of our hands and drags us over to Lida.

"Lida!" he calls gaining his attention.

"how bout we team? Uraraka you and Maya will be horses and using a combination of all your quirks we would be able to maneuver around very easily. Uraraka can make us float, Lida will be our engine to propel us through the air, and Maya can be on offense and grab people's headband using her quirk"

"that's a good strategy but I'm afraid I must refuse your offer. Since the beginning I've been losing to you, don't take this as an insult your a great friend but if I continue to follow you I'll never get stronger..." he says pushing his glasses up on the bridge of his nose.

"I will try my best to defeat you guys." he says walking over to join Todoroki's group.

"hehe good your still alone!" I hear a strange person say behind me.

"TEAM UP WITH ME PERSON IN SECOND AND FIRST PLACE!" she yells getting all up in Deku's face making him uncomfortable.

"AH TOO CLOSE WHO ARE YOU!" he yells.

"I'm a student in the support course, the names Mei Hatsume!" she says taking her goggles off.

"oh your that weirdo from the obstacle course." Uraraka says making me giggle.

"we haven't met but I want to use your guy's fame for my personal use."

"If I join you then I'll be in the spotlight, that way all my babies can get scouted!" she exclaims