Chapter 9: The Sports Festival part 2

~|✧|~

______________________________

(edited June 3nd 2021)

"All Might, I won't let you down." I hear Deku promise to himself as we emerge from the waiting room and into the center of the stadium.

The audience is cheering us on already and fireworks blast off outside. 
"Welcome to the UA Sports Festival! Where up and coming heroes leave everything on the field as they fight for the chance to achieve worldwide fame and celebrity!" Present Mic announces.

"This first group are no strangers to the spotlight, you know them from withstanding a villain attack, the dazzling students lighting up your TVs with solid gold skills... the hero course students of class 1-A!" he yells

"uHh... I didn't know there'd be so many people." Deku says nervously.

"yeah..." I say spotting my mom in the crowd staring me down.

"I hope we're still able to give our best performances, even though all these eyes are watching us. I suppose it's just another aspect of being a hero we all have to learn to get used to." Lida says.

"Present mic sure did talk us up there, though not all of us are that great..." Kirishima says while looking at me.

"yeah like the ones who pretend their red hair is natural." I say trying to brush off his comment, but the bullying still hurts.

"They haven't been getting nearly as much screen time, but this next group is still chock full of talent! Welcome hero course class 1-B!" he announces as a group of unfamiliar individuals emerges from the darkness.

"Next up! General studies classes C, D, and E! Support classes F, G, and H! and finally, Business classes I, J, and K!" he continues as all the other classes come out to the center of the stadium.

"I get the feeling we're just here to make the hero students look better..." 

"I can't wait for this to be over with." 

the other classes talk trash about the hero course.

"Now the introductory speech!" a promiscuously dressed hero who I recognize as the pro Midnight announces. 

"uh someone should talk to Ms. Midnight about what she's wearing." Kirishima mutters with a blush.

"yeah that costume should come with a warning." Kaminari adds also with a rose tint his cheeks.

"is that really appropriate apparel for a high school game?" Tokoyami says.

I look over to the little pervert Mineta to see him staring at her aggressively and holding a thumbs up. ew.

"Silence everyone!" Midnight says whipping the air.

"and for the student pledge we have, Katsuki Bakugo!" everyone looks over to Bakugo surprised.

"uh... He's the first year rep?" Deku leans over and asks me.

"I guess that hot head did finish first in the entrance exam." I say

He trudges up to the microphone and leans in to give his speech.

"I just wanna say... I'm gonna win" he says plainly and the whole class erupts.