Chapter 23: It's Time I Stand up and Fight! part 3

~|✧|~

______________________________

I slowly open my eyes and realize I haven't fallen. I look up and see a very bloody Midoriya hanging onto me with his broken arm.

"gotcha! sorry about that!" he says through gritted teeth trying to pull me back up.

I grab the ledge and pull myself up to his level staring at him wide eyed.

"thank you for saving me" I breathe surprised that I'm still alive.

I reach up and whip what I thought was sweat dripping down my face, but when I pull my hand away I see it covered in blood.

"you're bleeding" Midoriya says staring at my head wound.

"it feels like I got hit by a freight train" I wince touching the gash on my head.

he gives me a weak smile before standing up, his breath is shaky and half his shirt is ripped off revealing his badly scraped up and bruised body.

"Deku we should run, maybe if we can get this guy to Aizawa, he can cancel his quirk. nobody knows where we are and you are in no shape to fight." I say standing up as well

"ok let's get back to camp it's not far-" he's cut off by the disgustingly muscular man emerging from the dust pile.

"heh. a bit too obvious, but hey not too bad Midoriya!" he says getting up and walking over to the three of us.

"No stay away!" I yell

"stay out of this Maya, you'll get your turn. too bad the league wants you alive I would take great joy in killing the ex-number two hero's daughter!" he taunts.

"why have you come here!? what does the league want from us?" Midoriya yells trying to divert his attention.

"doesn't matter to me, I'm just glad they finally let me off the leash. as long as I get to use my quirk I don't really care. remember what I told you earlier? we've just been playing around, having fun. until now. now I'm serious! recess is over I'm coming at you for real. because truth be told you're pretty strong, I see that now" he says putting in another fake eye since Midoriya knocked out the other one.

Muscular makes a fist and lounges at us.

"quick grab on!" I yell to Kota who jumps on my back. I then wrap my arms around Midoriya's waste.

"my powers are weakened, I need you to shoot us upward so I can make us fly easier." I tell him and he nods in agreement.

Muscular missed the blow and ends up punching the ground where we were standing.

Midoriya shoots us upward and I try to fly away from him but Muscular punches the wall so hard that it sends a shock wave out knocking us out of the sky.

we fall to the ground, all of us only receiving minor scratches from the fall. 

Midoriya weakly stands up and orders me and Kota to stay back.

"once it's time, grab Kota and run as fast as you can back to camp" he says.

"you're attacking him again? you can't do that! let's just go come on!" Kota yells.