Chapter 26: The Aftermath

~|✧|~

______________________________

"What's going on with that weak body of yours!" Endeavor yells entering the scene.

"those Nomu's weren't particularly strong but I'm still impressed you handled them so quickly." All For One comments floating in the air.

"as expected from the man who clawed his way to the number-two spot" he says holding out a hand.

"Dammit All Might! STAND UP AND SHOW THEM WHY YOU'RE BETTER!" Endeavor's booming voice calls.

"if all you're here to do is cheer him on I'd prefer you to remain silent" All For One says charging up his attack 

"think again mad man we're here to assist" Edgeshot says soaring through the air as Kamui woods lifts up the limp body of the pro hero best jeanist and Mt. Lady.

"all of you came" All Might says in disbelief.

"of course we can, we can't do much but if we can just help a little, then we have fulfilled our duty" Tiger says picking up injured bystanders.

the crowd around us starts screaming at the jumbo-tron cheering on All Might and the other pros as the battle continues.

"ALL MIGHT!" the crowd cries.

suddenly All For One powers up his right arm in a very disturbing fashion. he appears to combine multiple quirks in his arm making a grotesque very strong limb.

he goes in for a punch and All Might counter attacks, both their fists meet in the middle.

All For One pushes All Might back his feet carving through the debris below him as he slides backward from the force of the punch.

his right arm is now deflated and shattered very similar to the way Midoriya breaks his arms.

he transferred the power in his right arm to his left arm at the last second and lands a blow straight to All For One's face.

he backs up charging up one last punch screaming at the top of his lungs.

"UNITED STATES SMASH!" he yells punching him in the face so hard that it literally forms a tornado.

we wait anxiously as the large dust cloud slowly dissipates. once it does we see One For All on the ground unconscious and a deflated bloody All Might hunched over him.

he weakly lifts a fist up into the air to establish his victory and the crowd roars. a sigh of relief breaths over the entire world.

"ALL MIGHT ALL MIGHT ALL MIGHT ALL MIGHT ALL MIGHT!" the crowd chants in unison pumping their fists up into the air.

"now... it's your turn" All Might grunts pointing into the news camera.

I look beside me to Midoriya, the entire crowd is going wild but he's just standing there, staring. tears began to fall down his checks and he began wiping them away as he sobbed.

"Cmon guys we should probably let the heroes know that we've got Maya incase they're looking for her" Kirishima says.

I turn to follow the group but the sudden motion paired with my multiple head wounds is all too much, my vision goes blurry and I begin to fall but someone catches me.

the last thing I see before I blackout is Midoriya's face. his eyes are all puffy from crying and he looks terrified.

"Maya!" I hear his muffled voice call

I wake up the next day to the sound of monitors beeping. and machines whirring.

I slowly open my eyes in a dark room. I'm in a hospital room.

"Maya! you're awake" I hear my father's voice echo in my ears causing my head to pound.

I wince in pain and he notices and quiets himself.

"I missed you so much. thank god you're okay" he whispers kissing my forehead.

"is.. everyone okay...?" I say weakly.

"huh? you mean you're classmates? from what I hear there were a few who were injured and a lot were out for a while from the poison gas. but they're okay" he explains and I breathe a sigh of relief.

at least everyone is okay.

"the doctor says you have a concussion, and you'll need to take it easy for a bit. we are going to be discharged tomorrow. I'll let you rest now." he says leaving the room and closing the door behind him.

I sit up in bed and notice a bag of my belongings beside it. I grab the bag and rifle through it until I find my phone.I open the bright blinding screen to see that I have hundreds of messages wishing me well and asking to see if I'm ok.

word really gets around fast.

I don't open any of the messages, instead I pull up an article about All Might. apparently he retired after that big battle.

I put my phone face down on my lap and feel a pit in my stomach. The number 1 hero, the symbol of peace, has retired trying to save me. 

all this happened because of my villainy. my short trip to the darkside has created quite the disaster. 

after a few hours of wallowing in my self pity, I get another visitor. my mother...

"I can't believe you Maya!" she yells making my head throb.

"after all our training, and you got kidnapped by a bunch of low-lifes? seriously!? the daughter I raised would've beat their asses not gotten kidnapped like some helpless child!" she continues.

"I'm sor-" she cuts me off.

"I don't want to hear your pitiful excuses. the damn symbol of peace had to retire because of your sorry ass!" she screams.

I look down silently crying as I'm beraded by my ruthless mother. she's right though. how could I have been so weak. I had to have the pros come and save me. 

I'm so pathetic.

she finally finishes her lecture and leaves. I sit there silently after just holding my aching head as I cry.

I lay back down and cry myself back to sleep.

______________________________

~|✧|~