Chapter 27: Locked away

~||~

______________________________

I wake up the next day, my eyes all puffy and my hair is a mess. I sit up and wipe the drool off my lip.

"hey Maya" I hear a voice say next to me

I jump startled and turn to see who it is. I see that adorable freckled face smiling at me.

"Deku..." I gawk

"your dad said you're resting but he told me I could wait in here if I wanted" he explains.

"oh..." I say, a deafening silence falls upon the room as we both sit there.

"anyways... I just wanted to make sure you were okay. you scared me the other day when you collapsed." he says staring into my soul with his green eyes.

"I'm fine" I say my voice breaking.

"you should go..." I say looking downward, not daring to meet his gaze.

"oh um, okay. I'll see you at school then?" he waits a moment and then turns to leave slowly closing the door behind him.

I clench the cheap hospital blanket in my fists as I feel tears start to fall. I need to stop crying so much. it's pathetic. I'm pathetic.

I don't want to hurt Midoriya anymore than I already have. him and everyone else sacrificed so much for something that I could've prevented if I hadn't bit my tongue.

a few minutes later my dad enters my room

hey hun, what happened with you and that Midoriya kid? he walked out looking pretty upset" he says walking up to my bed.

"nothing, can we go yet?" I say feeling a hole in my chest when I hear how upset Midoriya was.

"yea the doc said we're good to go. I brought you some clothes to change into, I'll be back in a few once you're dressed" he says dropping the bag on my bed.

"thanks dad" I say opening the bag.

he leaves the room. I pull out the purple t-shirt and jean shorts he'd packed me and put them on.

he comes back and helps me out to the car. the drive home is silent. I stare out the window watching as we pass trees and houses, and more houses. soon we arrive home.

a few days later, we get a letter in the mail. I rip open the familiar UA envelope and read the document.

it's an informational paper about dorms. the school wants to move the students into dormitories for our safety.

"what that?" My mom asks wheeling into the room and seeing the paper in my hand.

before I can respond she grabs it out of my hands using her quirk and floats it over to herself.

"the school wants to move us into dorms." I say as she reads.

"no" she says plainly, folding up the letter using her mind.

"what? that's it? just no" I question

"I want you to stay here, they won't train you the way I do. you'll grow soft"