Chapter 25: What a twist! part 1

~|✧|~

______________________________

"'give them back'? what an odd thing to say, they don't belong to anyone. don't be so arrogant" Compress says lightly tossing the marbles in the air

"we'll stop you!" Midoriya screams

"right now!" Todoroki finishes his sentence shooting ice straight up at compress, but he dodges.

"Why the aggression? we merely wish to show him that there are options" Compress brags jumping to a tree top.

"if you're monologuing because you think you've beaten us you're mistaken!" Todoroki says.

"a bad habit of mine, I was once an entertainer you know." Compress says still fighting with the two marbles.

"you bastard! you can't take them!" Midoriya screams.

"Midoriya calm down" Todoroki tries to console the boy

"here, take this guy for me" Todoroki says handing Uraraka a member of class 1-B he was carrying around.

he steps forward shooting a large blast of ice towards Compress but he dodges leaving Todoroki covered in frost.

"apologies but slight of hand and escapology are my specialties, not combat. I;m not foolish enough to fight hero candidates from UA." Compress says floating through the air.

he reaches up to the side of his head to activate an earpiece he's wearing.

"Vanguard action squad, I've acquired our target. our little show has officially come to a close. meet me at the retrieval point in the next five minutes for our final bow" Compress announces into the mic.

"they're going to take them, our friends..." Todoroki worries aloud.

"they cant! I won't let them!" Midoriya yells

"you're right! we'll stop them!" Todoroki says charging the man who is still flying through the air towards a clearing in the forest, and the rest of the group follows close behind him.

"dammit this guys quick" Todoroki comments as the group runs

"if only Lida were here" Uraraka huffs

"we can't give up... not now, we have to catch him and get our friends back!" Midoriya says through gritted teeth.

"Uraraka, you have to make us float" Midoriya schemes.

"then Asui, you launch us as far as you can using your tongue" he continues.

"ribbit" Tsu says showing that she acknowledges what he said

"Shoji, you hold me and Todoroki and use you quirk to correct our trajectory through the air. measure the distance with your eyes Uraraka and then when the time is right, release us!" Midoriya finishes his sentence.

"I see, human bullets..." Shoji says 

"wait Deku, you're still going to fight with those injuries!?" Uraraka exclaims, worried about the boy.

"Midoriya, you stay here. with that much pain you-" Todoroki gets cut off

"trust me I don't feel any pain right now, I just need to save her." he says clenching his jaw.

"hurry!" he orders.

"wait Deku! here" Uraraka says pulling off her pink button down and ripping it in half forming two makeshift arm-slings for his broken bones with some sticks.