Chapter 10: Code Names part 1

~|✧|~

______________________________

(edited June 8th 2021)

I spent the weekend in that bar getting to know the villains. Shigaraki kind of acts like a spoiled brat but he's cool I guess and that Toga girl is bat shit crazy but she's the closest thing I have to a friend here.

today is my first day back at school after the events of the sports festival. 

I have an awful pounding headache and I look like crap. I pull myself out of the stiff air mattress sitting on the floor of the bar. I see Shigaraki sitting at the bar looking annoyed.

"Isn't it a little early to be drinking sir?" I say rubbing my eyes and walking over to him.

"shut up" he mumbles scratching at his neck. he's not wearing his hand mask thingy, it's weird seeing his pale disturbed face and crusty lips. 

I stand there for a couple seconds in silence before he says something again. 

"that kid in your class, what's his name? Bakugou? he has potential just like you, befriend him. I want him on our side" he tells me staring into his glass.

"that might be a little hard, he kinda hates me." I say walking over to the bathroom to get ready carrying one of the clean uniforms. 

"make him like you!" he yells slamming his fist into the bar counter.

"eep, ok." I leave the room.

I wash my face in the leaky sink and take a shower. I get dressed and go out to get some breakfast somewhere, I'm assuming I won't get a very good breakfast at a bar. 

when I step out it's still dark out and rainy, it's kind of soothing I guess though I don't have an umbrella so I'm going to get soaked. I find myself a nearby cafe and sit down for some crepes. they were delicious. 

I hear my phone go off and check my messages.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey Maya, I don't know where you are but if you are safe please text me and lmk where your staying. your mom has cooled off a bit but she's still pretty mad I love you :Dad

Maya: dad i'm safe I'm staying at a friends house

________________________________________________________________________________

as I'm walking out of the cafe not paying attention to my surroundings I run straight into somebody.

I look up and see that familiar messy green hair.

"S-sorry!" Deku exclaims profusely apologizing for running into me.

"It's fine, sorry I was a little preoccupied." I say with a laugh.

"how are you doing?" he asks still worried about my mom.

"fine, my mom sorta kicked me out" I say glumly

"oh wow, do you have a place to stay. you know if you need I could ask my mo-" I cut him off blushing at the offer.

"it's fine I'm staying with some relatives until she cools down" I lie hiding my red face.

"oh ok, do you want to walk to school together? it doesn't look like you have an umbrella so you can share mine!" he asks me making me smile and I accept his offer.