🍁 :: 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯𝟮

Sophie's POV

Together, we ducked into a alleyway. Unlike what you would imagine, Elvish alleys are beautiful and are just as stunning as main streets. Ro would probably be disgusted at all the sparkles.

We finally slowed down and we're panting from the suspense and all the running. For once I was happy that we had to run all those laps in Gym.

"Well." Fitz panted, "That was... something."

I remembered the sight of that Neverseen member's dead body and I felt my stomach lurch. It hit me all over again that I had done that. I suddenly threw my arms over Fitz. He seemed surprised but patted my back awkwardly as I began to cry quietly.

"I- I killed someone." I said between quiet sniffles.

Surprisingly, Keefe was the next to speak up. "No one blames you. Those guys are out to destroy everything we love. You had every right to kill them."

I shook my head, releasing myself from Fitz's awkward pats on the back. "No. I didn't. I had no right to take their life. What if they were a parent? What if they meant the world to someone? I've just ruined someone's life. I'm no better than the Neverseen."

Biana snorted "Sophie, you're literally nothing like them. First off, the Neverseen have no problem killing people. They choose to cause pain, you only did it because you had to."

My best friend calmly hugged me to comfort me. But I didn't know if I wanted to be comforted. I felt like a baby, crying.

I wiped the tears from my eyes and sighed, hugging Biana back. It soon turned into a group hug. Cheesy, I know, but necessary.

࿐☕️˚₊・AUTHOR SPEAKS

tysm for reading ! i'm so sorry for the slow updates and short chapters but i'm pretty busy so yeah. ily to the moon and back ! make sure to light up the follow button ,, light up the vote button ,, and light up someone else's day by sharing this story ! baiiiiii !

☕️BETH☕️