🍁 :: 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯𝟭

NOTE: THIS CHAPTER INVOLVES DEATH AND VIOLENCE

Sophie POV

Tam looked to me and gave me a small nod.  The nod would have been nearly impossible to see unless you were looking for it.  I nodded back in the same way, and the operation began.

Taking a deep breath, I slid out a small dagger from one of my hidden pockets in my leggings.  Gisela's eyes instantly went wide with a mixture of rage and surprise.  Apparently we had taken her by surprise.

She pointed at me from the other side of forcefield and shouted, "THE GIRL IS ARMED!"

Chaos broke out.

Tam started working on the forcefield as Fitz and I began attacking the Neverseen members that were in the forcefield with us.

I dug my dagger into the leg of the cloaked Neverseen member next to me.  They cried out in pain and I took out a shooting star, throwing it to hit them in the stomach.  The figure fell to their knees, then the ground.  My gut lurched.  I had just killed someone.  I never thought that I would end up killing someone tonight, I only thought that I would injure them.  I quickly knelt down to check their pulse, even though the chances of them being alive were slim.  No pulse.

Behind me, Fitz, Keefe, and Linh fought back to back, throwing shooting stars at the Neverseen members around them.  Tam and Dex stood near them, protected from the Neverseen, as they worked to shut down the electric shield around us.

Unfortunately, the Psionipath on the Neverseen's side seemed to have gotten stronger since the last time we fought, since both Tam and Dex were having trouble getting even a little bit through the field.

"SOPHIE!" a transmission came through my mind.  It was Fitz's voice.

"Yeah, Fitz?" I asked, my voice sounding just as worried as I felt, even though I had tried to hide it.

"You ok?  Did you.... did you deal with the Neverseen member over there?" His voice sounded strained, like he was having a hard time concentrating while fighting.  It made sense, fighting isn't easy, but it's also not very reassuring to have your boyfriend sound like he's trying not to start shouting or something.

"Yeah I'm fine, I'm literally right over here.  You and Keefe are doing a good job."

"Ok great!  I'm sorry... it's kinda hard... to concentrate while fighting." He spoke my exact thoughts.

"I'm going to go sneak near you guys and help.  I don't think the members you're dueling with know where I am because of the dark, so I'll be able to bring on that element of surprise."

"It might be helpful... if you, ya know... use your inflicting or something?"  his voice was even more strained than before.  Our time of private conversation was running out.

"Good idea." 

That was my last response before focusing all of my emotions.  All of my hurt and confusion and longing to just be able to relax.  I focused it into my inflicting.  The duel went quiet as I made the Neverseen members fall to the ground, in so much agony that they couldn't move or scream.  Just... pain.

I stopped as pain began to fill in my chest too.  The pain from creating so much pain.  The Neverseen were bad people, yes.  But they were people.

I felt myself begin to grow tired.  All the inflicting had drained me.  All that weariness cooled down when biana came into sight, holding an object that looked oddly like a hairbrush.  She was grinning, and she ran up to the forcefield and drove the spiky part of the object down the forcefield, creating an epic gap in its defenses.  All of us ran out, rushing through the streets of Eternalia and into the night.

As we ran, something occurred to me.  Gisela was nowhere to be seen.

that's all for today !  tysm for reading !  ily soooo much !  make sure to light up the vote button ,, light up the follow button ,, and light up someone else's day by sharing this story !  it means so much when you comment so please feel free to do that too ! <3

✰Beth Out✰