🍁 :: 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟴

Fitz POV

I've never been more confused than I was in that moment.  Why was Eternalia not burning?  I should have been happy.  I should have danced around, cheering.  But I didn't.  I was too confused.

Eternalia was supposed to be burning.

Sophie had that adorable puzzled look on her face and she took a step forward.  Then another.  Soon, we were walking through the peaceful city.

Some people were around.  I saw carts selling unique objects from around the world, I saw goblins patrolling and making sure the city was secure.  I saw couples out on midnight walks.  But no fire.

"Soooooo what do you think this means?" Keefe asked while looking around.  

Biana shrugged, "Does it matter?  These people are safe."

"It matters all right.  It means that we were lied to.  By some of the most trustworthy adults we know." Dex explained, and those words sent chills down my spine.  Why were we lied to?  A practical joke?  It wasn't very funny.  Or was it something else entirely?

Sophie nodded. "I... I think that something is very wrong.  I don't think that those were our parents."

"What do you mean?  Of course they are-- who else would they be?" Linh questioned.

Tam spoke up for the first time in the conversation, "Neverseen."

"How is that possible?" I asked with a hint of fear in my voice that I could tell the others shared.

"It has to be some kind of disguise." Biana replied. "Lots of make up and elixirs for sure.  I'm not sure how they got their voices so well though."

I had an idea. "What if it was a Mesmer?  It would make sense.  I don't like it but... the Neverseen probably have a Mesmer."

"Yeah... my exact thoughts." Dex agreed.

The six of us exchanged looks of fear and wonder.

That's all for today, I'm sorry that it's not very longggg!  Thank you so much for 6k+ views!  You guys mean the world to me!  Make sure to light up the vote button, light up the follow button, and light up someone else's day by sharing this story!

✰Beth out