🍁 :: 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟯

Keefe POV

Okay, so Sophie was in trouble.  I had walked into Fitz's room to check on them and Mr. Forkle was trying to wake Sophie up and Sophie was a statue with her fingers on Fitz's forehead.

I froze.  "Uh, Forkle, what's up with Foster and Fitz?" I hate to admit it, but I sounded very worried.

Forkle wiped his furrowed brow.  "Keefe, can you feel her emotions?"

I nodded stepping near them and closing my eyes.  I focused on the emotions in the room.  Sophie was hopeful and determined.  But she was also filled with fear.  So so much fear.  I opened my eyes and stepped back.  If the Mysterious Miss F was this afraid, things weren't going well.

Forkle looked at me with a hopeful expression that faded when I took a step back.  I looked at him, feeling more afraid than earlier. "She's hopeful and determined but... she's so scared that it's almost scary.  If that makes any sense."

Mr. Forkle nodded and sighed. "I can't enter either of their minds." He said, "Yes, even Fitz.  His mind is locked up just like Sophie's.  This isn't good.  Can you go get Lord and Lady Ruewen?"

I nodded and got the heck out of there.  I shivered as I walked down the hallway.  Never ever in the many years I've known Sophie has she ever been that terrified.

Fitz POV

I remember being in Fintan's broken mind.  I remember feeling lost and nothing making sense.  I remember Sophie being the only thing that kept me steady.  She had always been the loyal friend.  I had let her down, time and time again.

It was odd being in my own mind.  It was like I was Fintan but I was conscious or I don't even know how to describe it.  The point is, I was able to feel Sophie's presence and I thought I could hear something.

"FITZ!!!  FITZ, PLEASE!!!  WHERE ARE YOU?!"

Sophie's voice echoed in my mind.  I felt like I was letting her down again.  I couldn't call out to her, to anyone.  I tried to scream, but it was like my head was underwater.

I could feel myself sinking, slowly, oh ever so slowly, but I was sinking.  Of all the places I could have hit my head, I hit it there.

I couldn't let this rule me.  Sophie was out there and she needed me.  I gathered all the energy I could and transmitted "SOPHIE!"

I'm so sorry for not updating sooner!  I had SO much homework and I've been SUPER busy!  I've decided to update every Saturday.  I solemnly swear that I am (up to no good) going to keep it this promise!  I love you guys so much!  Make sure to light up the vote button, light up the follow button, and light up someone else's day by sharing this story!  See you guys later and happy Super Bowl Sunday!

-📚Beth📚