405. Cameron The Nerd

❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎

When Rainbow woke up the next night, she looked over, and surprisingly, Cameron was gone. "Well, I know one place he could definitely be..." She mumbled, getting out of bed. She immediately headed to the study, and of course. She found Cameron at his podium, with his spell book. This one looked different than the normal one he'd been using.

❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎

"Hello, Rainbow Dash. Unfortunately, whether you like it or not, we go to find Blaze, tonight. So go get dressed." He said, not looking up. "Oh...uh....a-alright. Also, where'd this book come from?" She asked. "The town square. I didn't like being there today, as now the whole town knows I'm housing a newbie vampire here. It's not a bad thing, but it is if they start treating you differently than normal." He sighed.

❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎

"It actually got to me, so I teleported back instead of walking the distance again." He added. "Im...I'm sorry... maybe it's good that I'm leaving tonight then." Rainbow mumbled. "Uh, I may have said you should be leaving tonight, but that may not actually mean you are." He said, holding his forehead. "Why's that?" She asked.

❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎

"Because I'm a slow ass reader. I need to read every word of my book carefully, so I don't make any mistakes. I used to be fast reader, and that's what got me in trouble with the mayor years ago. He...he killed my parents, and he's got it out for me now, so I can't piss him off, or he'll have my head too. Life here isn't as simple as it is in Canterlot City. And I'm so sorry I'm putting you through this. I should have never turned you..." He said, slapping his face.

❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎

"I mean, I'm not gonna lie. I was pretty upset about it my first night, but I'm actually finding that being a vampire is pretty cool! It's just the fact that I have to keep it a secret from my kids, and others that I don't wanna freak out." She said, scratching her neck. "And again, I am so sorry. But I do wanna show these vampires that I'm just as good as them, even when housing a guest. And.....there actually just might be a way to do that!" Cameron said, snapping his fingers.

❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎

"How?" Rainbow asked, walking closer to him. He stepped down from his podium, and walked over to a shelf she hadn't seen him walk over to yet. He pulled a funny looking book from the top shelf, and flipped through the pages. He held up a certain page to her and smiled.

❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎

"We can go to this vampire gathering that we have annually. I've...actually never gone to it, because I had nobody to go with. If you're going alone, what's the point? We all are trying to show off who's more sophisticated than others, and it's secretly a battle of the best." He laughed. "Are you asking me to this?" She asked.

❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎

"Uh...yes. I know you don't wanna find Blaze yet, and you want to stall as much as possible. It's only because you don't want to leave me alone. So, I'm doing this for the both of us. I never go to fancy events. I stay home with Ella and my books." He said, taking the calendar back. "Ha! Nerd." Rainbow snickered. "Excuse me? I still don't know what that word means, even after everyone has called me that over the years...." He said with a slight blush.

❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎

"It just means you like to read. I have a friend who's a SUPER nerd. She reads like, EVERYTHING. Shes super technical, and knows everything about anything." Rainbow said, laughing at his red face.

❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎❥︎