𝓗 28 𝓗

"are you okay, baby?" a worried mark cupped donghyuck's cheeks to examinate his face closely before turning around to glare at jaemin when donghyuck had nodded.

jaemin stood up from the ground, holding his jaw that felt sore because of mark's hard punch.

he glanced between donghyuck and mark, his brows furrowing when he recalled the words that mark had used to speak of his best friend.

"what does 'what's mine' even mean?" he asked, glaring at mark. "donghyuck is my best friend. if he's someone's it's mine."

donghyuck coughed lightly, catching the attention of both males.

he stepped in front of mark, facing jaemin.

"i swear i wanted to tell you, but i really didn't know how you would react..." donghyuck mumbled.

jaemin raised a brow, not knowing what his best friend would tell him.

"tell me what?" he asked, sounding meaner than he expected.

"hey! don't talk to him on this tone!" mark intervened.

"stay out of this, gryffindor." jaemin spat, making mark clench his fist.

donghyuck noticed it, and he slid his hand down mark's arm until he reached his fist, and the brunette managed to make mark open his hand and intertwine his fingers with his.

jaemin looked at what was happening with a confused face.

"i like mark." donghyuck said, head hanging low because he was scared of jaemin's reaction.

"what?!"

"can you- " mark started, but got cut off by jaemin's fist.

"jaemin!" donghyuck exclaimed, helping his lover up and making sure he was okay.

when donghyuck looked at his best friend, jaemin was fuming red.

his jaw was clenched, his brows were furrowed, and he would have sure jumped on donghyuck to hit him if it wasn't for the very little amount of self-control he had.

"since when?" jaemin asked.

"the day i came back with wet hair from the lake." donghyuck answered.

"why didn't you tell me?"

"he surely didn't want you to react like that." mark stated, making jaemin raise his fist in the air, as if he was ready to hit him.

"please, stop." donghyuck said. "both of you."

jaemin slowly lowered his arm and mark took a small step back.

"jaemin. i was scared you would get mad because i liked a half-blood gryffindor." donghyck explained. "i wanted to tell you. i wanted to make you guess it. but i didn't get the opportunity to do so. i'm really sorry."

jaemin listened carefully to his best friend's words.

he crossed his arms on his chest when he finished talking and glared at the boy his best friend had fallen for.

"you better take care of him." jaemin said. "he's precious."

donghyuck flushed at those words coming from his best friend's mouth.

mark nodded, wrapping an arm around donghyuck's waist to pull the boy closer.

"i will, that's for sure." he said, making jaemin smile a slight bit.