𝓗 17 𝓗

"why would a muggle be in the library of hogwarts?" jaemin asked, leaning against the heavy shelves full of old books.

his eyes were glaring at jeno who was reading a dusty book.

the muggle-born didn't even raise his head. he was used to jaemin's constant blabber right now, and it was as if his mean words didn't harm him anymore.

"why don't you go bother other people, na?" jeno asked.

"because you're the one bothering me."

"i'm doing absolutely nothing to bother you." jeno replied, completely uninterested.

"you being there bothers me." jaemin spat.

"well, leave then."

jaemin scoffed at jeno's audacity, snatching the book he was reading from his grip. he closed it in a loud thud, making dust fly in the air.

"the magical guide of the deathly hollows" jaemin read the title of the book. "why are you even reading this book?" he raised a brow.

"can't i learn a bit more about my world?"

"this is not your world." jaemin insisted. "mugblood."

"it is."

"muggles aren't even supposed to know about those three things." jaemin said with a head motion towards the cover of the book which had the three hollows neatly drawn.

"why are you this bothered by the fact i am reading this book?" jeno crossed his arms over his chest.

"you don't even know what they are and if they are real." jaemin rolled his eyes.

"do you want me to accompany you to the third floor to see if they are real?" jeno asked sarcastically. "if no one stole them again since yesterday night, of course."

jaemin's eyes widened like saucers, and he gripped jeno's wrist, pulling him towards a less crowdy part of the library.

"how do you know that?!" jaemin whisper-yelled, approaching his face from jeno's.

the muggle-born smirked. "me having muggle parents doesn't mean that i can't be aware of what happens in the magical world, na."

"did you steal it?" jaemin asked, venom laced with his voice.

"i sure did, and of course, i am telling it to you now." jeno replied. "use your brain! are pure bloods this stupid?"

"don't dare insulting me, you could regret it."

jeno grinned. "oh, really? i'm so scared."

a cough interrupted their bickering and made them realize their current position.

they were standing very close to each other, their faces inches apart, and anyone walking past them would believe they were about to kiss if they didn't notice the furrowed brows and mean words they exchanged.

"am i... disturbing something?" donghyuck asked innocently, looking between the two bickering boys.

"yes." "no."

the two boys glared at each other before turning to look at donghyuck once again.

"no." "yes."

donghyuck snorted at their odd behaviour.

"i'll leave you two deal with... whatever you've been dealing with. and i'll find myself something to read."