𝓗 21 𝓗

"r-renjun...?" jeno stammered, not believing what he was seeing. "y-you... you stole the wand?"

renjun took jeno's wand from the man's hand before telling him to go away, which he did, right under jeno's eyes.

"who was that?" jeno asked.

"my father." renjun replied.

"your father?" jeno raised a brow. "renjun, why are you doing that?"

the chinese boy sighed, approaching jeno again and handing him his wand.

"i know how dangerous my situation is, jeno, but i can't bear seeing my mother dying. the deathly hollows are the only things that can help her live." renjun told.

"were you the one who stole it the other time as well?" jeno asked.

"yes."

this was a delicate situation.

jeno had heard renjun speaking about his sich mother.

lung cancer wasn't something easy to live.

and seeing your loved ones slowly dying under your eyes wasn't pleasant either.

jeno knew that if he was in renjun's shoes, he wouldn't hesitate to do the same thing.

if this meant saving his mother, he would do it without thinking twice.

so, he couldn't blame renjun.

"i won't tell anything, renjun. and i hope your mother's condition gets better." jeno said.

"oh my god, thank you so much, jeno." renjun said, tears of relief leaving his eyes as he jumped onto jeno, hugging his torso tightly.

jeno sincerely hoped that his heartbeats weren't too loud when renjun hugged him, because his whole body felt like exploding at such a contact.

he didn't hesitate to hug the smaller boy back, allowing him to cry in the crook of his neck.

"it's okay, renjun. everything's going to be okay." jeno whispered as he caressed the boy's nape with one of his hands.

"t-thank you..." renjun whispered.

"but you have to promise one thing."

renjun pulled out of the hug, looking at jeno in the eyes, and melting when he found so much comfort, love and compassion there.

"promise me you'll tell me next time you steal it or bring it back so that i can help you..." jeno whispered.

and these only words were sufficient for renjun to start crying hot tears again and cuddle into jeno's warm and comfortable embrace.

𝓗

"chenle?"

the chinese boy didn't hear his best friend calling his name.

he was too busy with his own thoughts.

well, he was too busy thinking about his best friend to hear him calling his name.

"lele?"

yes, definitely too busy, because he had missed this cute nickname.