𝓗 1 𝓗

"this place is just- woah..." chenle exclaimed looking around with widened eyes.

"yeah... i'm as speechless as you..." jisung replied, the same amazed expression on his face.

a crowd of people were following them as a wizard was showing them to the way to the great hall, where the sorting ceremony would take place.

"damn, it's even better than in my dreams..." jaemin whispered, his eyes refusing to leave the beautiful castle-like school that he could see not far from him.

the whole herd of new wizards made its way inside the enclosure of the castle.

everything was beautiful, well-lighted by torches, and decorated with four-coloured flags.

the wizard showing the way stopped, turning around to look at the students.

"welcome to hogwarts, school of wizardry. you will now enter the great hall, where all of you will be sorted into four different houses. hufflepuff, ravenclaw, slytherin and gryffindor. please follow me."

two giant doors opened behind the wizard's back as he started walking again, making the new students follow him in a huge and ceiling-less room where four tremendous tables were set, dozens of older wizards sitting there and looking at the new-comers.

"please wait here."

the crowd stopped walking abruptly as the wizard walked to the stage where he picked a list of names and an old-looking hat – also known as the sorting hat.

"what is that thing again?" jisung whispered in chenle's ear.

"it's the sorting hat. you place it on your head, and it will decide which house you belong to." chenle replied.

"what?"

"basically, it searches into the depths of your soul and determines the house you'll belong to depending on which qualities you have."

chenle and jisung both turned their heads, looking at a tanned brunette that was standing next to them with a smile on his face.

"donghyuck." the brunette said, holding his hand out. "muggle, but learned everything in the books."

"very impressive." chenle said, shaking his hand. "i'm chenle, half-blood. and this is jisung. he's a muggle as well."

"nice to meet you." jisung shook the brunette's hand.

"ladies and gentlemen."

the chatters in the great hall all stopped when the wizard holding the hat read the first name.

"huang renjun!"

the small boy walked to the front of the stage, sitting on the stool as the wizard placed the sorting hat on his head.

the whole room held its breath as the hat started moving and speaking.

"ravenclaw!"

loud cheering erupted from one of the middle's table as renjun hopped off the stool to make his way to the loud table.

"na jaemin!"

jaemin walked to the stool with confidence, obviously knowing that he was supposed to be in the slytherin house.

and he was right, because as soon as the hat approached his raven hair, it barked: "slytherin!", making the whole table on the right cheer for him.

"lee jeno!"

the black-head made his way to the stool looking around carefully.

he didn't understand anything about all this 'wizard' thing.

he was there because this school had accepted him.

but he really hoped that it wasn't some kind of asylum for desperate cases.

the sorting hat was placed on his head, making jeno flinch as it started taking life.

"gryffindor!"

jeno looked at the four tables, heading towards the one on which people were applauding him.

a few other students were called, the great hall becoming a loud mess after each sorting made by the hat.

"zhong chenle!"

chenle gave his best friend a last glance before hopping happily to the stool, his smile reaching his ears as the hat got placed on top of his head.

"hufflepuff!"

chenle giggled, skipping towards the black and yellow table, not forgetting to send a wink to his best friend on the way.

"lee donghyuck!"

the muggle took slow steps towards the stool, inhaling deeply as the wizard placed the hat on his head.

he had read a lot about hogwarts at the library, and he had become very addicted to those many old books containing dozens of information about the magical school.

he had tried to define where the hat would bring him, but he couldn't be so sure.

his brave and daring personality could have him into gryffindor.

but his cunning and resourcefulness were two very important qualities for a slytherin.

he could also be a ravenclaw, knowing how interested he was in knowledge and just knowing everything.

and lastly, his hardworking persona was perfect for the hufflepuff house.

"slytherin!"

donghyuck smiled, making his way towards the slytherin table and shaking a few hands as he got there.

"and lastly, park jisung!"

the tall boy gulped before sitting onto the stool, hoping with all his soul that he would be sorted into the same house as his best friend. he couldn't even remember its name yet, but he absolutely had to.

"hufflepuff!"

jisung opened his eyes, looking at the cheering table.

a breath a relief left his lips when he saw his best friend literally bouncing onto his seat while clapping like a seal.

they wouldn't be separated...

"well..." the wizard said, folding the list of names neatly before making his way to the teachers' table and taking a sit. "now, let's listen to our dear director!"

a man in his forties stood up, the pans of his wizard robe falling on the floor as he opened his arms in a welcoming manner.

"welcome to all the new wizards to hogwarts. this is the beginning of a new year, full of hope, youth, friendship, love and wizardry! may all of you enjoy this year as you should!"

the whole room clapped as the director bowed.

"now, please, enjoy your meal."

in a clap of hands, the director made divine-looking food appear on the tables, making the whole crowd of students gasp and cheer once again.

and so, this new year at hogwarts started with joy and happiness.