𝓗 19 𝓗

"jisung... why did you and sungchan abandon shotaro and i yesterday...?" the chinese wizard asked with a pout, making jisung coo internally.

"we were helping some boys dealing with an argument." jisung explained.

"who?"

"jeno and jaemin were fighting." jisung told.

"na jaemin?" chenle raised a brow.

"yeah. against the boy renjun likes."

chenle's brows furrowed as he looked at his best friend.

"didn't you say he liked jaemin?"

jisung shrugged. "i don't understand anything. i think he likes them both."

"surely." chenle shrugged as well. "and who won?"

"nobody. renjun intervened."

"oh!" chenle smiled. "acting like prince charming."

"more like fairy godmother with his wand..."

chenle burst out laughing as jisung's words.

this simple sight made jisung's heart warm in his chest.

"your laugh is beautiful." he stated, flushing red when he realised what he had told. "huh... y-yeah... i mean..."

"thank you." chenle giggled.

the two best friends stayed silent for a while, exchanging timid glances.

but chenle couldn't remain silent for long, and so, he started speaking very quickly.

"you don't know what shotaro told me yesterday!"

every ounce of good mood that was held in jisung's body left at the speed of light when shotaro's name got mentioned by his best friend.

couldn't he speak about something else?

of course, not... he spent all his days with him... so he hadn't anything else to tell jisung...

"what did he say?" jisung asked, trying to sound interested but failing miserably.

plus, the fact that chenle looked like he was about to burst in excitement didn't help one bit.

"he told me he had feelings for sungchan. but shh! don't tell him!"

jisung's eyes widened like saucers at his best friend's words.

could that mean that shotaro and chenle had nothing going on together?

"wait..." jisung tried remaining calm. "you're telling me that... shotaro... likes sungchan?"

"exactly!" chenle clapped his hands.

"and sungchan likes shotaro..."

"well, that's what we have to find out." chenle replied.

"no, no." jisugn shook his head. "it's an affirmation. sungchan likes shotaro. he told me yesterday."

chenle's mouth fell open at the new information.

"oh my god!" he exclaimed. "i have to tell shotaro! where is my phone?!"

"wait- no!"

jisung wrapped his arms around chenle's waist, pulling the boy towards him to prevent him from catching his phone that was lying on the table.

chenle let out a squeak, and blushed when he landed on jisung's lap, with the younger holding him firmly.