Chapter XXXVI: Strengthening of Bonds and The Story of a Left-Hand

"See, this is called an Oak tree, Grandma planted it here. He's big, isn't it?"

"Big! Big!"

"Yes, big."

[...]

"Laura, you need to be very quiet, there is someone here with us. I'm going to put you here. Hide yourself, don't see, don't ear."

"Shush 'ide."

"That's it, you're getting ice cream once at home."

[...]

"Well, well what do we have here? Ah! A wolf child. Why aren't you on a leash?"

"I know it might be hard for a Hunter to have the sufficient mental capacity to accurately identifies species, but Wolf don't wear leashes."

"You really shouldn't talk to a predator like that kid. You might get gutted and put in an exhibition."

*snorts* "And you really should reevaluate who's the predator in this situation."

*Laughs.* "I just see a child trying to be brave for another child. Maybe I'll be gentle and put you both out of your misery. Children shouldn't become monsters."

"I'm very glad you said that."

"And why is that kid?"

"I finally got the right reason to gain my blue eyes."

...

Stiles can't believe his eyes. One hunter just disappeared from his field of vision and the hunter's heartbeat stopped as soon as he disappeared, but no matter where the young man looks, he can't see Peter. The other hunters are shooting blind. At some point, Peter reappears the hunters shoot together, Peter disappears, and the bullets touch the hunters that were in the same trajectory. The Raven can hear Peter chuckles.

Now Stiles understand how Peter had eliminated so many threats. He's having fun, while tempting his prey and making them kill each other by accident. Every move is precise and calculated. Another hunter falls dead, then another. There is blood everywhere and Stiles is gawking at how little Peter do, since most of them are killing each other. Stiles checks on Chris to be sure that he is handling his situation. And nothing has changed yet for him.

Stiles looks back at Peter and three more hunters are on the ground. Between two blinks the others drop too. At some point The Tengu hears the car of his dad approaching a little too close. He calls for Peter then decides to move when he sees the Left-Hand prowling towards the last standing Hunter. He stops the older man by the shoulder. "We need to go, the police are almost there."

Peter's grinning coldly. "There's still one standing."

Stiles gnaws on his lips. "Let Chris handle it."

Peter's eyes are flashing, and Stiles glares at him. Peter sighs. "You need to stay here and cover the supernatural tracks. Can you make the one that I killed with my claws appears like they died from a bullet instead? Jordan can change the pictures, but..."

Stiles nods. "Better safe than sorry. I'll stay. Go." Peter nods.

...

When Noah arrives at the coordinates given by Derek, it's a real bloodbath, 9 men are dead on the ground, Chris is pointing his gun at one other man who's doing the same. Noah knows that his son and Peter are near, but he can't see them. Chris looks at Noah and says. "She's inside." Noah nods and take the time to arrest properly the surviving kidnapper. Before going to see Allison and freeing her of her roped arms.