Chapter VI: The Nemeton and Scott's Problem

Entering your new house is one of the best feeling ever. They will have to buy things to decorate and live comfortably but knowing that you will build your life inside this new place is positively enjoyable. Especially after a long day of boring class and too many dumb interactions.

Isaac is happy to choose one of the rooms on the second floor, while Derek chooses the room in the attic, and Peter the one with a bathroom, an office and nursery adjacent to it. He then soundproofs every room except the guest one's. And protect the office on the first floor with all the protective spells known to Peter to make it his Alpha's office.

Derek's takes well to the lessons as Alpha. He is serious about it and asks as many questions as he can. And Peter is happy to see his nephew so studious. He remembers Derek when he was younger. It took a lot of times for Peter to teach his nephew how to read. But Derek was always enjoyable to teach and at some point, Derek became Peter's best friend even though they had a difference of 11 years between them. After every hard mission to protect his pack his small nephew always hugged him and talked about random things, without knowing it his little Derek always brightened his day. He quickly became the one pup that Peter loathed to have to discipline. Then his sister Cora arrived, and he had a favorite, and a best friend.

'Cora... by the moon I miss her ferocity and blunt honesty.'

Peter didn't allow himself to think about the one he lost and now... No, he needs to focus. He has things to prepare. Tonight, he has to present his alpha to the Nemeton. He needs to go buy honey and almond milk...

...

Finding the Nemeton was complicated to say the least. Laura didn't introduce herself since she fled the territory, and the Nemeton is a capricious tree, which is currently throwing a temper tantrum. That's why after 3 hours walking in rounds, they finally found the Nemeton.

"Finally." mutters Isaac. Peter is throwing daggers with his eyes to the blond pup. "Show some respect, unless you want to walk in rounds for 3 more hours..."

"Alpha, I hope you remember what I told you." Derek nods, takes the milk and verse it on the Nemeton, then open the honey and put it at the center of the stump.

"As new Alpha of the Hale line, and holder of the Hale spark. I would like to introduce myself to the Hale territory. And give my allegiance to it. Please allow me to protect this territory, like my ancestor protected it." He then cuts his hand and pose his hand on the stump. Nothing happens he looks at his uncle. Peter tells his Alpha to wait as long as necessary. 30 minutes later something finally happens the stump glows a little, the milk and honey disappear, then Derek feels his awareness expanding through the territory when a link is forming with the Nemeton, almost like a pack bond but more and less at the same time.

Peter smiles at his Alpha, put his hand on his alpha neck. "You did good. I'm proud of you pup." A warm feeling goes through the bond between Peter and Derek. "Let's pay our respect to the Nemeton and go back to the house."

...

Peter is roaming the hallway of the high school when the perfect occasion presents itself. He goes towards Allison, Lydia and Jackson and speaks:

"Hey Allison. How are you? I was meant to ask; I invited the other to my new house for the evening. Would you like to join us?"

Allison frowns then smile shyly, and before she could answer anything. "Allison you haven't forgotten you have dinner tonight with your grandpa. Have you?" the old man says.

Peter looks at Gerard then at Allison looking at her almost flirtatiously and giving her his most charming smile. "Well, that's too bad... Another time?" Allison looks at his grandfather then at Peter and nods. The smell of rage emanating from the old man is intoxicating with how much joy it brings Peter.