Chapter XI: The Anchors and Payments

Malia integrates herself rapidly into the Hale Household and pack. Peter dotes on her; Derek smiles more around her and Isaac bickers a lot with her. Malia adores Stiles and Lydia and doesn't mind the rest of the pack. Unfortunately, the Sheriff needs to ask more question to Malia to understand who she is, and why she was with the Tate family. Malia agrees easily. Peter scowls but know it's necessary.

Noah comes with one of the most adorable looking man in tow. "Malia, this is the deputy Jordan Parrish, he will take notes during our discussion." Malia nods.

"You were in the car with the Tate family. Did you know them?"

Malia nods. "Yes, it was my mom, dad and little sister." Peter frowns.

The Sheriff nods. "When we met you said that you didn't have a family name, because you weren't allowed. Why is that?"

Malia shrugs. "That's what mom and dad told me. Kylie was a Tate because she was born one. I wasn't. So, giving me a family name wasn't allowed."

The Sheriff frowns in incomprehension. "You were adopted by the Tate."

Malia shakes her head. "No, I wasn't allowed. I wasn't supposed to be with them. Someone gave me to them. In exchange, I didn't have a family name, or a birthday." The other has eyes like saucers.

'Abandon? No, those rules are too specific. Kidnapping?'

Malia adds. "They were good parents, so it didn't bother me."

The Sheriff clears his throat. "Did you know why they were on the road to the center of beacon hills? You lived in L.A. not this town."

Malia nods. "They said the one who gave me to them lived here. They didn't ask questions at first because they wanted a child. But they learned something, and they were arguing that it wasn't right. So, they wanted to talk to that person. They say I was stolen, and it wasn't this person's right to give me to them. They thought they were saving a child from an abusive mother but apparently not. They wanted to find that person and the family. But then..."

Malia frowns and send sadness through the bond. "I became sick like my heart was being ripped from my chest. And that's when..." She looks at the deputy not sure if she can tell more.

The Sheriff nods. "I understand, thank you, Malia."

Peter is frowning, thinking about something. Derek looks at him. "What are you thinking about?"

Before Peter could answer, the pack enters the house. Lydia in front of them trying to reassure Malia from whatever makes her sad. And that's when Lydia looks at the deputy. Their eyes lock, Jordan inhales sharply his eyes begin to burn color fire, and he says breathless with an animalistic voice. "Kindred soul." All the other in the room stop moving, shocked at the display. Lydia approaches Jordan in a daze, the deputy does the same. They are barely 10 cm (3,9 inches) between them. Lydia put delicately her hand on the hellhound cheek. That's when a bond cement between the Banshee and Hellhound. They both gasped.

The deputy eyes color returns to their natural color. He then clutches at his head, like he is in pain. Lydia tries to reach for him but the deputy collapses and his temperature starts rising.

Peter is awestruck. They have a Hellhound in their territory. "Leave him some space. He has just awoken in his power. Let's put him on the couch, he will wake up." The pack complies.

Lydia half yells. "What the hell just happened?"

Peter smiles cheerfully. "You have awoken him as a hellhound. I told you that hellhounds have banshee anchor. You are his anchor. But he wasn't awoken yet. He probably didn't even know he was one until today. This is fantastic!"

Duty of a Left-HandOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara