Chapter XXX: The Kidnapped Children and Truth About Mirages

Peter wakes up to a cacophony of screams, surely because the triplet must be hungry, Derek and he had to wake up multiple times during the night, Peter had underestimated the toll on energy the spell will had. He's exhausted. Derek and Stiles were right.

He takes the pups with him downstairs and feed them. Melissa, the Sheriff, the Deputy and Argent are the first to wake up since they all have work. Christopher works from home but likes to wake up early, like the soldier he was raised to be. Stiles wakes up next, to spend some time with his dad before he goes to work. He says hello to everyone.

Then Stiles begins to tell Peter all about Yesterday. "They were two. One of them called the other: Theo, the weird part is that they succeeded into crossing a mountain ash circle, and they seemed to be forced into helping."

Peter frowns. "What do you mean?"

"The one that disappeared into thin air said he was sorry, but they didn't have a choice of else 'he will kill them'."

Peter sighs. "That complicate things. I supposed he didn't give any other detail?" Stiles shakes his head. "You said he crossed the mountain ash; they must be magic users."

Stiles nods. "But this Theo guy changed into a full-shift Coyote. I didn't know that magic users could change into shifter. Plus, according to all the werewolves, they smell like shifters."

Peter frowns. "Magic users can't. There is a type of witch that can shape-shift, but it's a time of magic so strong that they can't control mountain ashes anymore, therefore it's impossible for them to cross it. There aren't many supernaturals that can cross mountain ash. We can cross out phoenix..." He sighs with exhaustion. "I will look into it."

"Can a magic user change someone into a coyote? If he is human or just a coyote, he could technically cross the line."

"I'll ask Julia, I never heard of it. But we can't be too prudent. It could also mean that he's stuck in a coyote form, if that's the case..."

"How many do you think he's forcing to help?"

Peter frowns. "There's no way to know. But he must keep someone important enough to force them into compliance." Peter looks at the Sheriff. "Noah, could you look into disappearance where Valack has been seen? Maybe we can find a lead."

Noah nods. "Sure. I have to go." He kisses Stiles on his head, before doing the same to the pups, he goes out with Jordan following him.

Stiles looks at Peter. "You need to rest." Peter smiles sightly. "I'll make you breakfast, you look like you're gonna pass out."

Peter laughs. "Thank you. But I think I'll eat more than a breakfast." He stands to go into the fridge.

But Stiles stops him. "I'll make you lunch and dinner then. Sit." Peter complies, amused at the young man taking the reins.

Pack members start waking up by the smell of Stiles' cooking. When someone tries to steal food. Stiles says firmly "Not for you! Go make your own!" and the other comply, while Peter smiles gleefully.

'He's getting the hang of his new position.'

Stiles puts multiple plates in front of Peter while saying. "Here you go, eat!" Envy is felt through the bonds of the other, probably because of the food.

Peter snorts. "Eat with me." Stiles nods happily and they both eat while the other glares at the delicious food Stiles made. "Thank you, pet. It was delicious as always." The Tengu beams at him at the compliment.

...

Few days later, the Alpha pack goes back home, they will need to come back in four months for their own heir to be born, as Peter promised for the information on the True Alpha. Kira and her mother have decided to go back home 4 days later to see the pups at their one-year-old state, Malia is awfully saddened by the news, so she takes Kira everywhere with her, and the pack follows in every activity. The house is calmer because of it.