Chapter X: The Coyote in the Woods and Acknowledging a Hard Truth.

When Peter comes back to the house, he shows his red eyes to the Pack and guests as proof of promise accomplished. He then states. "The promise of protection has been fulfilled. You can reassure and announce the good news to Julia, Deucalion." Deucalion smiles. "Sheriff, I have to report an Animal attack at a warehouse 2km south (1,2 mile)." The Sheriff cringes, then sighs and nods. "Christopher, I hope that will console you and allow us to work together in the future." Chris' jaw locks, then he and his daughter go home.

'Already reconciled? Too bad. That was fun.'

After that the pack decide to eat something in celebration for resolving a problem that stretched longer than necessary and watch a movie afterwards. During the meal, Stiles was continually glaring at Peter, while sending curiosity and mild suspicion. So of course, Peter wasn't surprised when he was dragged away from the Pack at the end of it. Peter might actually get used to it pretty quickly, if it happens every time the teen needs an answer.

Stiles closes the door then says menacingly. "You said 'She will have a choice', that was your clue. Did you make sure that Alisson's Mom gets bitten? Why?"

Peter hums. "Deucalion needed to get rid of Kali. I offered Victoria as a solution."

Stiles yells. "What gives you the right. She's dead!"

Peter approach Stiles with his eyes flashing scarlet. "And whose fault is that?" He cocks his head. "Certainly not mine. Instead of asking for help to the local pack and accepting her new condition she killed herself, because she couldn't bare becoming an 'Animal' as hunters says." He snorts. "Which I never understood. Humans are animals too after all. She died because she wanted to."

Stiles calms himself. "Was the price for Gerard, an alpha spark?"

Peter snorts. "No, it was much more important than that. The alpha spark was just a bonus."

Stiles stares at Peter's eyes trying to see a lie. When he doesn't see one, he nods and says. "Why did you propose Victoria?"

Peter says. "Like you don't know already."

Stiles eyes widen. "She was a threat to the pack, too close. That's why you went to our high school." Peter smiles delighted. "What was the price for her and Gerard?"

Peter put a stray of hair in place on Stiles head. Stiles search Peter's eyes.

'His hairs are becoming longer, I like it.'

"Ennis was the price for Gerard. As For our dear Victoria nothing has been agreed yet."

Stiles nods "Why Ennis?"

Peter looks into Amber eyes and grits angrily. "You are very lucky I appreciate you, Stiles." Stiles frowns. "Ennis bit a 14 years old on our territory 7 years ago. It's illegal, but since he was an alpha, I needed permission from mine to kill him for his crimes, but we had a treaty with him. Then he became Deucalion's Left-Hand, and Deucalion had a price for accepting his beta's death."

Stiles nods. "Gerard."

Peter hums hungrily. "Exactly."

Stiles analyses. "So, you gave him Gerard, he gave you Ennis. You made sure to make Kali believe that Victoria was the one responsible for Ennis's Death. Kali bit Victoria for it, Victoria deals with herself, and you kill Kali with that protection law, and Deucalion is free of her."

Peter smiles triumphally. "Clever, isn't it? Using the hunter loophole and anger management issues of an abuser, to get what we want. Thus, protecting the pack and making sure that the death sentences are used usefully."