Chapter XXVII: Naming Your trauma and Succumbing to Protectiveness

"Alright, the first thing you need to know about Fae. Never give your real Name, you will belong to them if you do. Most people have a middle name so if they find out your first name, they won't take complete control, but it's better being safe than sorry. So, when you meet them, you need to say 'You can call me...' and you choose a nickname. Never let them time to choose a name for you, they will choose the worst possible."

"Why?"

"Fae believes in tough truth to raise their young. They will most likely name you after a trauma or something that you hate most in the world in order to desensitize you to it."

"What?"

"For example: you are afraid of bees because bees have killed your whole family, and the Fae took a liking to you for whatever reason, they will call you Honeybee or something of the same tone. They can see your worst memory or trauma, I don't really know how it works, but it's annoying so present yourself with a name before they get the chance to, or use your species, or for the Sheriff you can use your profession."

"That's tactless."

"It's supposed to desensitize you to your trauma and help you evolve as an individual."

"That's bullshit."

"Hmm. On another hand, if they want to mock you, they will name you after something you hate."

"How charming. They must automatically piss people off."

*Snort* "Second advice, always be polite to them, and never lie. They'll know, and it's considered a disrespect."

"And naming people after trauma isn't?"

...

Peter frowns. "Call him Blond puppy."

Braeden grins. "Too late."

Peter growls and looks apologetically at Isaac, then looks at the Right-Hand. Stiles returns the stare and nods as if understanding the reason behind it and decides to introduce everyone else. "You can call me Stiles."

Braeden looks at the Tengu sharply, Peter snorts. "The charming man in the corner is my dad, call him Sheriff. Next to him our Amarok, you can call him Silver." The pack contains their giggles at Argent's eye roll. "His daughter, Baby Silver or Katniss Evergreen." Allison groans. "Her boyfriend, Puppy boy." Scott beams at the nickname, giving it more meaning. "Then we have our own Coyote or Blackcurrant Ice-Cream. Next to her a Kitsune or cinnamon roll." Peter makes a disgusted face. "Then Puppy boy's mother, you can call her Florence Nightingale." Melissa shakes her head in exasperation at the nickname. When Stiles is going to present Lydia, she's glaring at him as if to says 'be careful what you're going to say'. "Next to her our very own queen bee the banshee. Then her soulmate the hellhound Steve rogers." He looks at Boyd and says. "Mister stoic. And his girlfriend Selina Kyle." Erica giggles at Stiles choices. "Then our blond puppy, and his girlfriend Wolverine?" Cora scowls but shrugs.

"Her brother..." Derek glares at Stiles to make sure he doesn't use something terrible like 'sourwolf'. "Our almighty Alpha or Miguel." Derek rolls his eyes before sighing. "You already know his uncle, next to him is our emissary Jennifer Blake, then we have our own personal Hacker, and his boyfriend..." Stiles looks at Jackson up and down and shrugs. "Lizard-Boy or Randall Boggs." Some members can't contain their giggle anymore, Danny tries to stop Jackson from punching Stiles but barely.

Braeden grins. "I'll keep some of them, other need more spice."

Stiles frowns. "We made the presentation; it will be greatly appreciated that you use their preferred nickname."