Chapter XXXV: The Greenhouse Truths and The First Oracle

Stiles is standing on the edge of the room reeking of anxiety and anticipation. Peter is worried. "What is it, pet? Why are you anxious?"

Stiles is mumbling something before saying. "Fuck it." He marches towards Peter looking determined. "I asked Derek to take care of the lunch of the triplet while we go on a date."

Peter pauses then snorts. "A date?"

Stiles nods. "I made a picnic."

Peter looks at the raven in complete awe. "In the greenhouse?" The Tengu nods, Peter smiles gleefully and takes the raven's hand in his own. "Let's go." Stiles beams beautifully, and they go in the greenhouse, where Stiles has already settled a blanket and a picnic basket.

'Adorable.'

They both sits on the blanket, Stiles seems to still be nervous, so Peter sits near him and says. "Thank you, pet. It's perfect, much more romantic than I imagined."

Stiles flushes. "Lydia, Allison and Kira might have helped a little."

"Is that so?"

"They said we are moving at a snail pace, and that we will never have a proper date if we never take the time." He frowns. "I'm actually ok with our pace, but I like the idea of this date."

Peter can't contain his chuckle. "I like it too."

They talk about a lot of things unrelated to the supernatural, their best memories, their family, their hobbies, their favorite music and movies and other. At some point Stiles is nervous and embarrassed.

"Ok, I'm going to ask something, because Erica put that idea in my head, and I need an answer, or I will continue to wonder if it's true or not." Peter seems amused at the rant he raises his eyebrows in interrogation, and take a sip waiting for the question. "Do you have a biting kink?" Peter coughs through his water since he wasn't expecting this question. "Because I read somewhere that it was the result of internalized cannibalistic tendencies and I have to say it doesn't appeal."

Peter looks absolutely disgusted at that information. "I don't have cannibalistic tendencies." He sighs. "But I don't know how to answer that question now, without sounding like a complete psycho."

Stiles is frowning. "You do have a biting kink?"

Peter hums. "Erica might not know now, since she has been bitten recently, but it's a werewolf thing."

Stiles sends an inscrutable amount of relief at that sentence. "Thank the moon, I really didn't want to be eaten."

Peter snorts at the double entendre. "You might not like the reason though."

Stiles thinks about it. "You give the bite to transform others into your species, it must come from that."

Peter hums. "Yes, our species have that predilection because of it. Especially alphas, it can be harder to resist with their partners. But It's not all."

"What's the other reason?"

Peter looks at the sky while answering. "Blood." He looks at Stiles. "We are predators. Therefore, blood can increase our aggression sometimes desire. When in sexual practice, it is about sharing, love, possession and/or dominance. It depends on how it's done. It's not done with any partner, you need to have trust and understanding of which meaning you want to give it. You can't do it with a human, the pain is excruciating, and they might never heal from it. Supernaturals heal automatically so the pain in temporary, plus between Werewolves the other can take the pain."

Stiles nods. "Is it where the myth of vampire comes from?" Peter looks at Stiles in surprise. "Glowing red eyes, blood sucking monster...?"

Peter snorts. "Maybe, Like I said a lot of supernatural like the smell of blood, and or feed on it." He looks closely at Stiles. "You're not a werewolf Stiles, you might not have the same satisfaction from it that I would. So, I'm not going to bite you without consent."