Chapter XXVI: Open Book and Fae Ancestor

When Stiles comes downstairs, some pack members looks at him questioningly. And Stiles sighs internally, there's no way they haven't felt that. The one that hadn't connected the dot yet must have. It's funny that now that Stiles has made his mind, he couldn't care less about what he was worrying about this afternoon. Stiles feels the weight of his father stare and through the bond understanding and happiness? Stiles looks at his father who smiles at him and Stiles is a little confused to say the least. But now he's certain that other will connect the dot. Lydia looks at him with the smile she reserved to discovery, Stiles rolls his eyes at her. Other sends either curiosity, epiphany, or confusion.

Then Jackson scoffs. "I should have known. He's practically a man version of Lydia... You have a type, Stilinski." Lydia seems affronted at the comment.

Erica begins to say. "Wait, You..."

But Stiles cut her. "No one asked for your opinion, Jackass."

Derek sensing the building comment of Jackson, flashes his eyes and says calmly with intent. "Jackson."

The other doesn't ask questions or make comments after that and Stiles counts that as a win. Until of course, Peter goes downstairs for dinner and the pack is glancing between the two of them trying to be subtle, but they aren't. And Stiles wants to bang his head against the table. Multiple time. Stiles loves being in a pack but having feelings for someone in a pack is horrible, you can't hide anything. If you are in a couple all is well, but when you're not... This is one of the most embarrassing experience he's ever had, and Stiles knows embarrassment since birth. Plus, Stiles is an open book, while Peter isn't, since no one can feel his emotions, therefore it makes it ten-times more embarrassing. This might quickly become torture, but Stiles knows he's too late to regret having feelings for the werewolf.

The pack stops their staring, until Stiles makes the mistake to look at Peter and a loud gasp is heard from Scott. Stiles looks at his best friend, that has the discretion's skills of a toddler on a sugar rush, and sighs. Erica eyes are sparkling, Isaac and Cora snorts probably for the time it took the human to make his discovery. Stiles looks once again at Scott, who makes his sad puppy eyes, and Stiles is doomed, they're gonna have to talk, Stiles didn't even tell Scott that he could like guys. When Stiles finishes his meal, he grabs Scott, that hasn't stop staring at him, by the arm and goes into a room.

"Stop looking at me with your sad puppy eyes."

Scott frowns hurt. "You didn't even tell me you like dudes."

Stiles scowls. "That was a recent discovery. I always found some dudes attractive too, I was just more attracted to girls. I think he was my awakening or something. I never saw dudes as romantic prospect before."

Scott nods sadly. "So, Peter?"

Stiles hums before gnawing on his lips worriedly. "I... Yeah."

Scott nods. "He's better than I thought he was. It's cool if you like him, stop sending anxiety through the bonds."

Stiles looks at Scott. "You're okay with it?"

Scott frowns. "Why wouldn't I be? I'm just hurt you didn't tell me, before everyone found out."

Stiles snorts. "Yeah, but in my defense, I wasn't very discreet, and I was a lot in denial before tonight. I knew I liked him even though I didn't want to..." He sighs. "I didn't know my own feelings except for the discovery that I was very Bi. So, I didn't tell anything. We were trying to build a pack, a lot of things happened. And you had Allison. I just didn't find the time to tell you. Sorry."

Scott sighs. "No, you're right. There were a lot of change in the past few months, but Jackson noticed..." Stiles groans in shame and exasperation. "I should have noticed too. But what are you gonna do, He's going to be a dad in a few days now?"