Chapter V: Building one's identity and the Sea Slug incident.

Finding a house, is a tedious thing in half a day. They had to book a motel for the night, before continuing the research. Peter is annoyed. He's also convinced that he needs to find a therapist for his nephew after spending half a day with him. Who in their right mind will sleep where all of their family was murdered? Then in an abandoned station? A survivor with PTSD that's who. Laura really didn't succeed in making the pup feel safe, if his first instinct is squatting abandoned places...

They can't rebuild the house since the location of the tunnels have been compromised. Maybe if Peter finds a spell to erase the knowledge of it, from everyone that isn't pack, they could rethink the rebuilt. But for now, his nephew only thinks about buying an apartment building with a spacious loft at the top floor, that they saw previously. Peter isn't against it, but protecting a building is too complicated. There's no contingency escape in case of attack. And it isn't ideal to raised children in a place so barren, which is more concrete than anything else.

So here they are, a full day of looking at houses with a grumpy Alpha, a blond puppy that is enthusiastic at most house and a previously dead someone with too many conditions for his accommodation. Thankfully, Peter and Derek have enough money to find a comfortable house. After 8 visits the pack is starting to feel hopeless about finding anything, that suits everyone taste. They find the perfect house at the 12 attempts. A beautiful modern house that looks more like a mansion at the edge of the preserve with open kitchen, beautiful floor tiles, more room that necessary, a bathroom at every floor and bigger bedroom, an indoor court, a greenhouse and small indoor pool, enough lands to run and no neighbors around.

Derek and Peter look at each other, then looks at Isaac who has stars in his eyes, then say in unison "We'll take it!". The offer is made at noon, and is accepted 30 min later, the paper is drawn and after facilitating the different delays by money, they will be the happy owner of a house by Monday. Since the house issues has been taken care of, Peter goes shopping for clothes, a phone, a computer, a car after going to the vault to collect money. Once the buying of necessities is done, Peter spends the night contacting his previous contact and buying a new identity that he will receive the next day. Peter transfer all of his possession to his fake son who bares the exact same name: Peter Ian Hale 16 years old born in 1994...

"Why are you 16 on your ID again?"

Peter grunts "I would have been too young to have a son of 18. A son of 16 is more believable as a teenage mistake. Plus, werewolves age slower once their maturity's reached, therefore it's better to make me younger. By the way I was meant to ask: why do you look 27 when you are barely 21?" He already knows the reason, but riling Derek up has always been one of his favorite hobby. Derek squints at his Uncle knowing what he was trying to do and doesn't answer.

"Unfortunately, my new identity and the different threat will force me to do something I swore not to do again." Derek raises an eyebrow. "Going back to school." Derek is laughing his ass off and Peter is unimpressed. He will be "homeschooled" after the threats are eliminated but for now, he doesn't really have a choice, does he?

"You will need to change the way you talk if you want to go to High school." Isaac says casually.

"I'll do no such a thing. I always talked like that. Plus, I'm not a teenager, I have no use at impressing stupidity."

"What?" questioned Isaac

Derek smiles "That's what you used to say to me. 'Don't change yourself to mold in a case made by other insecurities and useless rules that only exists in teenagers minds. Those rules and insecurities are born from stupidity. We can always be stupid sometimes, but it will make us a fool if we follow it blindly. Accepting ourselves demands much more courage and clever.'"