Chapter VII: Melissa and the Chase

Start from the beginning

"Are you ok, Mom?" Scott asks tentatively

Melissa looks at Scott and the Sheriff that doesn't seem surprised. She quickly regains control and nods. "Yes. I'm okay, you can continue." The lie is heard by all werewolves, but Derek continues his explication.

"We are born werewolves, My uncle and I. I don't know if you remember the Hales, but our family was killed by one werewolves' hunter."

"I remember the Hale; I was the nurse at the hospital when they brought Peter in." Peter looks surprised.

Derek nods at the information "Anyway, a little while back we came back, I came back to Beacon Hill. When I did, I found my sister and alpha, killed by a werewolf. I didn't know at the time that it was Peter. The thing you need to know about werewolves, that I didn't until a week ago, is that a Left-hand which is the equivalent of a policeman in our community, has the obligation to kill an unworthy alpha to give the alpha spark to a more worthy candidate..." Peter settles his hand on Derek neck when self-depreciation filter through the bond. "And it can have consequences, such as loss of control of the spark if the previous alpha didn't do their duty correctly. When Peter took back the spark, he bit someone who was at the scene of the crime. Only an Alpha bite can turn a human into a supernatural creature, by awakening the dormant magic inside them. The person that Peter bit was Scott."

Ms. McCall who was lost during the explication, starts to understand with instant clarity why she was brought here. She looks at her son. She doesn't know what to say, she is scared. Her baby was found at a crime scene by a werewolf, and bit for it. He became a supernatural creature, and she didn't have any clue. Scott looks ashamed, and Melissa can't bear to look at his son with such misery in his eyes, she takes his hand in her hand and squeeze it as if to say 'It's gonna be okay, Mom's here, I didn't know I'm sorry, I'm here now.' "Ok, so what does that mean now? My son is a werewolf that's it?"

"Yes, he is. But there are other things too." Melissa nods. "Peter was killed. I sliced his throat." Melissa gasp. "I became the Alpha. I started forming a pack with people that wanted to become supernatural. At the last full month, my Uncle was brought back from the dead, as he was before the fire. Without any memory of the fire, his injuries, or his recovery."

Peter interjects. "That would be me."

Melissa looks at Derek then Peter then Noah who nods at the impossible. "I don't, I don't understand. You mean to tell me that your uncle Peter who was in his thirty or above, is that young men, here?"

"That's what he is saying yes. I apologized to your son for biting him, but it seems I did other thing that Stiles pointed out. And I need to apologize to you too. I apparently asked you on a date during my alpha crusade. My intentions weren't clear, but Scott asked that I apologize for hurting you. So, I apologize if I did anything that could have been hurtful towards you."

"What? Why?..." Melissa looks at her son then begins to understand. "Your nephew said you are Peter from before the fire, so it wasn't you that did that?"

"Correct."

Melissa cocks her head in incomprehension. "Why would you apologize for something you didn't do?" Scott flinches at that.

'Because I need your son to be more cooperative and less annoying.'

"Even if I don't remember it was still me. I take responsibilities for my action."

Melissa looks perplexed but acknowledge the statement then says. "Thank you for your apologies. But a failed date is nothing to apologize for." Peter smiles kindly at her. "Do I need to know more?"

Derek responds. "Yes. A werewolf in order to stay sane needs a pack. A pack is connected by pack bonds which allows each member to feel emotion of other pack member. Your son joined our pack as well as Stiles and the Sheriff."