24. A Black Horse's Chess

The day had came for the Karasuno and Nekoma facing each other in the practice match. Everyone seemed very excited while some of them felt really nervous. As soon as we arrived at the gymnasium building area, we, the Karasuno spotted our opponent team approaching towards us.

Everyone were standing in their own spot, ready to greet their opponents as a usual formal greetings. I was supposed to join too, but Ukai told me to not joining in or else the Nekoma would notice my main role in the game. Besides, I was also feeling a bit guilty to not tell them anything about me neither.

"AHHHH!!!" Hinata suddenly screamed, drawing everyone's attentions. When everyone had put their eyes on Hinata, thay tangerine boy quickly shut his mouth and lowered his head in red.

"So this is the Karasuno's captain! It's really nice to finally meeting you~!" Kuroo greeted Daichi with his fake smile. But it wasn't only Kuroo who's acting pretty sly, Daichi also forced a smile as he began to shake hands with the Nekoma's captain.

"It's also really nice to meet the Nekoma's captain!" Daichi replied to him with another smile filled by fakeness. Meanwhile, Hinata was running to Kenma that he once encountered before while running around the area.

"So you're from Nekoma, but why didn't you tell me..!?" (Hinata)

"...you never ask..." (Kenma)

When everyone were busy doing their own things, I was still staying inside the bus with Kiyoko-san to help her getting the things we needed for today's practice match.

"Thanks for helping me, Ayazume." Kiyoko-san thanked me for helping her.

"It's nothing, Kiyoko-senpai..!" I started walking to the gym without no one from Nekoma noticing my existence. But when I almost reached the entrance of the gym with Kiyoko-san, Hinata noticed my presence and screamed.

"OHHH!!! AYAZUME-CHANNN!!!" Hinata shouted my name loudly in front of everyone. He was thinking to introduce me to Kenma, but it was a very bad timing. As soon as he screamed my name, I turned into a statue because I knew all of the eyes (Nekoma) were going to turn to my direction soon.

"AYAZUMEE!!!?" All of the Nekoma members screamed in surprise. The Nekomas' reactions were enough to make me startled in place. I quickly put on a smile over my face to greet them while my Karasuno teammates were left curious.

"Oh..! Nekoma! It's good to see you again!" I smiled at them sweetly.

"Ayazume-chan!!!" (All Nekoma members except Kenma ofc)

At the next seconds, I found all of the Nekoma members already circling around me except for Kenma who's still frozen in his spot. He seemed a bit shocked to see me here, but back to the situation I was in right now, it was totally chaotic.

"AYAZUME, DID YOU COME HERE TO WATCH US!!!?" (Taketora)

"Wait..! You did!!?" (A few of Nekoma)

"Oh, well... Um..."

That moment, Daichi noticed how confused Ayazume was. He knew Ayazume didn't know how to reply to the Nekomas who were fighting each other only to talk to her. Couldn't ignore it, he decided to step in to pull her out of the circle by grabbing her wrist then peeked at the girl he just pulled out from a bunch of wild cats.

"Ayazume, do you know these people?" Daichi asked.

"Oh, well... I do know them. I met them in the train station before." I replied.

"A-ah... Is that so..? Then..." Daichi started to become a bit panic, he was so confused on how he should act right now. Even his ears turned reddish when he realized his distance with Ayazume and he was holding the girl now.