10. One's Sunflower to Grow

The weekend had ended and it was time to return to school. At the time, I went by bus. In the back seats, I was busy staring at the club registration form in my hand. Again, I read the form paper repeatedly, trying to give a second thought to my final decision.

Cheerleading was fun, but I would only ruin my health if I continue. Meanwhile, volleyball was already something I mastered at and I didn't need to learn much for it.

But if I join the male club, people would search for a reason. After all, I wanted to join the male club to avoid official matches. I refused to show any sign of sickness in front of people.

"Whatever."

I grumbled with crossed hands as the bus had arrived in the station nearby my school. With careful steps, I climbed down the bus stairs, but suddenly a little child slipped out from the bus. It was when I realized I had lost my balance and fell to the front.

"Hey, kid..!!!" (bus driver)

"Oh, my god! Young lady!!!" (The child's mother)

I quickly prepared myself ready to fall in a safe-landing position as I also tried my best to endure my anger towards the kid, but suddenly...

"Tap."

I saw a boy was walking right in front of me

I saw a boy was walking right in front of me. The boy realized there was a shadow covering his legs, he slowly turned his head to the left and found me flying to his direction. The both of us were very alarmed. At first, I thought he would avoid me, yet in the next second, I was already in his arms and landed safely.

"E-Ehh!!? W-woah..! A-are you okay!? U-uhmm? A-ah..!?" I turned my head around and found him suddenly turn all red.

"Oh, my god..! Young lady, are you okay!? I'm sorry! It's my fault to let go of his hand..! Is there anything hurt..!?" The mother came to me to apologize after she caught her kid who just ran away from the bus.

"Please... There's nothing to worry about, ma'am." I replied to her calmly. In that moment, I was definitely furious, but I shouldn't be mad at a small child. At the end, I decided to just accept the apology by nodding my head all along.

"How about you, young lad? Are you hurt?" The bus driver also got off from the bus to ask the boy beside me.

"Yeah, I'm okay!" He replied.

"Thank goodness... I apologize again for my child's behavior... Please forgive him." The child's mother apologized as she lowered her head to us while holding her son's hand tightly in hers. I only smiled at the scene.

"It's fine, ma'am."

---

After a short nonsense talk, I and the boy were finally getting back to our own business. We continued walking to school, somehow walked in the same direction. Then I noticed he was wearing Karasuno's uniform, but this was my first time seeing him.