12. Hear The Fear of Loneliness

"Ayazume

"Ayazume..?"

I saw Sugawara who immediately stopped walking when he found me talking with someone familiar, Asahi-san, the lost member of the team. He widened his eyes with a half-opened mouth and quickly grabbed my shoulder, pulling me closer to him.

"Are you trying to seduce him..!? I thought we said no..!!?" Sugawara whispered to me with a scolding tone. He seemed like a mother who's ready to lecture me for being a naughty kid and looked like he's going to snitch me to Daichi-senpai. But before he managed to get me to Daichi-san, I quickly shook my head with an innocent face.

"I haven't done anything to him." I replied to Sugawara-senpai who easily ended up believing on what I said when he saw me replying to him really innocently.

"Suga." Asahi finally called Sugawara's name, making Sugawara a bit startled. He was anxious and felt a bit nervous whether he should face Asahi or not. But slowly, Sugawara turned his head to look directly at Asahi's face.

"It's been a long time..." Asahi greeted him with a bitter smile. He wanted to greet his friend warmly but bitterness just kept filling up the atmosphere as Sugawara showed a complicated face. Sugawara was still hoping for Asahi's return and he thought this might be the chance for him to talk to Asahi so he would change his mind. Then Sugawara gathered all his courage and slowly approached closer to Asahi.

"Please return to the team, Asahi... Nishinoya has came back from his suspension but he refuses to return if you're not in the team anymore. Please play with us again... Everyone is hoping to play with you two." Sugawara said to Asahi.

"I bet he still want to play volleyball though... Maybe if you encourage him, he will come back, I'm sure of it. He's a very good player and he really enjoy volleyball. You all are so lucky to have him in the team. Compared to me, you guys need him as an amazing libero than a failure like me... He's more talented than I am after all." Asahi said with a difficult expression and a forced smile on his face. Sugawara was startled. He was surprised on how Asahi think of himself very lowly.

"We also need you, Asahi! Everyone hope to see you! They miss you so much! They still want to play with you! They will feel better having you receive their pass again!" Sugawara once more tried to convince Asahi to return but Asahi was still having the same expression that easily telling Sugawara, he would never changed his decision.

"I... I appreciate your feelings, but... I think I will only get in your way if I get back to the team..." Asahi said.

"Asahi..." Sugawara sounded really hopeless, but he wouldn't give up. He kept trying his best to get Asahi back to the team.

"Hear me out! We have an amazing setter from the first-year and an amazing decoy! You don't have to endure it all by yourself again! If you and Nishinoya return to the team, Karasuno will definitely fly higher than before! Our team have changed now! Not only amazing new members from the first-years, we also have a-!" Sugawara tried to encourage Asahi while slowly pulling Ayazume closer to him, so he could introduce her as a new amazing female player in the team. But unfortunately, he was interrupted by someone.