8. Sweetness from The Past

The Karasuno volleyball team had left the Aoba Johsai High. Oikawa, the Seijoh's volleyball team captain, just walked out from his school gym after meeting up with his fangirls. Under the slightly pinkish orange sky, Oikawa returned all of his thoughts back to Ishiga Ayazume. As if the burning sky was a canvas to use, Oikawa started imagining Ayazume's face in there.

"Hah..." Oikawa let out a long sigh, still could not his own memory. In the deepest part of him, he felt really happy to finally get a chance to meet Ayazume after a very long time. It almost felt like a sweet dream, he thought.

"Why did she go to Karasuno instead of Aoba Johsai? It will be better if we're in the same school, not in a different one

"Why did she go to Karasuno instead of Aoba Johsai? It will be better if we're in the same school, not in a different one. Ah... I also want to see your face every single day. I really wish you can stay. So lucky of them... I envy those Karasunos..." Oikawa grumbled as he lowered his head, getting his mouth shut for a moment.

Inside his head, Oikawa could see a young Ayazume from the past even though he only saw her small figure from afar. Back in those days, her hair was still looking as soft as a cotton candy. But no matter what hair color she has, Oikawa knew she was still the same person. However, remembering the past also brought its sorrow. It didn't take long for Oikawa to also remember the last words coming from Ayazume before she left.

"If you keep pushing yourself and put all the weight to your own back, do not ever wish for me to return."

The words she said was painful to remember. It truly hurt Oikawa so much that his chest started throbbing from the pain. Because not long after she told him those words, Ayazume really did not return to his life ever again. Everything began to feel really empty to him without the girl's smile that he used to see every single day. None could ever replace that either.

"She left us without anything but sweet memories and now she's back on her own. I've never thought god will give us another chance to see her again." Oikawa said with an expression that shows how grateful he was.

"But don't you think... she has changed quite a lot, Iwa-chan?" Oikawa asked Iwaizumi who was standing not too far from him. But what he got from Iwaizumi wasn't a reply with words inside it. Instead of a simple response, Iwaizumi slapped Oikawa's back from behind, making his own friend almost fall to the front.

"GAHHH!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!?" Oikawa screamed as he quickly got his balance back, finally standing properly.