19. The Life nor Death

It was a new brand day

It was a new brand day. Asahi was walking to the school with many thoughts inside his head. He really tried his best to push all of the negative thoughts away including his problem about the volleyball, but he just couldn't.

Then he noticed today's weather was hotter than yesterday, so he decided to buy a drink at the vending machine. But when he was on his way to buy a drink, he suddenly stopped right at a door that leads to the gym building. He found the gym's door was opened and there he saw a figure of someone familiar there.

"..."

"My name is Ishiga Ayazume

"My name is Ishiga Ayazume."

Asahi remembered the girl who managed to get into his heart. At first, Asahi thought she's very positive but when she unexpectedly put on a fake smile over her face, Asahi's expectations quickly crashed down to the ground as he also found a single drop of sadness in her beautiful eyes. But then, Asahi seemed surprised to see the Karasuno volleyball team's blazer was tied to the girl's waist.

"Is she a new manager in the team?" Asahi wondered as he slowly walked closer to take a better look. There he found the other two members, Kageyama and Hinata was having a talk with Ayazume. Those three seemed to have a serious conversation because Asahi couldn't hear any laughter from them.

"Well, giving up is easier, indeed... But giving up over volleyball, the most favorite thing in my life... I cannot do that. I've worked so hard to stand right here, and I don't want to just throw it away. Besides, I only want to spend my life with the things I love. Even though it's hard, I still want to keep it up because volleyball is the thing I like the most and it's so precious to me." (Hinata)

When Hinata stopped talking, Asahi found Ayazume was startled a bit. It seemed she was surprised to hear the words coming from Hinata, but it made Asahi even more curious of her. He wanted to know why did the girl look surprised.

"...such a good respond." Ayazume responded after being quiet for a moment.

"Spending our life with the thing we love to do, huh... A wonderful thing you just said. You're right. We don't know when will our life ends, so we should spend our lifetime with the things we like. It makes so much sense." She said as she started to stand up from the floor.