Chapter 34

Forth massaged Beam's arm gently to improve blood circulation. He kissed Beam's fingers gently. "Baby, when will you wake up? You've been sleeping for a long time. I missed you."

Beam doesn't move. Forth rested his head on the side of Beam's arm and closed his eyes. Beam has been in a coma for almost three months and there is no sign that he will soon regain consciousness.

Forth automatically moved to the room where Beam was treated. He went to the office from that room, came back for lunch to the room to make sure Beam was okay, went back to the office, then came back from the office to the room again. Forth was tired, but he insisted on not leaving Beam.

"Forth."

Forth wakes up and sees Kit and Phana enter the room. Kit brought a large basket of fruit and Phana brought a large box of pizza and a few cans of soda.

"Pha, Kit, what are you doing here? Aren't you guys attending a seminar in Bali?" asked Forth in surprise. He stood up and adjusted Beam's blanket, then walked over to them.

"We came back last night," Phana replied. He looked at Forth with concern. "How long haven't you slept, Forth? You're like a zombie."

Forth smiled without answering. Kit walked over to Beam and kissed his best friend's forehead gently. "How are things, Forth?" Kit asked sadly. "I can't stop thinking about him."

"He's still sleeping all the time. Maybe Beam has been too tired lately and wants to rest longer," Forth answered quietly.

Kit walked over to Forth and sat down next to him. "You should go home, Forth. It's not good for you to stay here. You need to rest too. You have a lot of work and it's hard."

"I'm fine, Kit," Forth replied calmly. "Beam is more important now."

Phana tapped Forth's shoulder lightly. "You love Beam?"

Forth smiled and nodded. "Very."

"Even after you know the background?"

"It doesn't matter to me his background, his past. I only see Beam who is currently in front of me, who is doing everything he can to keep me away from those who are trying to bring me down. He even received a bullet to save me, Pha. How can I don't love him?"

Kit sighed. "I'm relieved to hear that. We thought you'd get mad and ignore him after hearing all about Beam from what Stefan-Stiff said, I mean."

"He even pretended not to recognize us," added Phana.

"What about Stiff and Rose?" asked Kit. "The court proceedings are over, right?"

"Stiff received a sentence of 20 years without leniency, and Rose 15 years in prison."

"Rose's pregnancy, was it really just a sham?" Phana asked curiously.

"At first Rose was really pregnant. She and Stiff paid an unscrupulous doctor to fake her baby's DNA test results to match mine, as well as ultrasound results. Beam has been watching Stiff's movements for a long time since he saw Stiff who is always with me. He investigates and collects data. information about Stiff, then secretly sent pictures of Stiff and Rose to me. At one point, it seemed that Rose had miscarried, but didn't want Stiff to know about it, so she pretended she was still pregnant."

"They're both really shameless cunning humans," Kit snapped in annoyance. "Ming said that Stiff and Rose got into a huge fight in the courtroom because of the fake pregnancy."

"Well, that's how it is. They expose each other to their own disgrace in the end. What a shameful silly drama."

"I hope they rot in jail, especially Stiff. He's been torturing Beam a long time ago and even trying it again now."

Forth looked at Beam on the bed. "I never thought, beneath his soft skin, slender body, that he harbored such great strength to fight. Beam is the most steadfast person I have ever known."

"One thing that puzzles me, why does he have to pretend he's lost his memory?" asked Kit again.

"Beam left a cassette tape of his voice with Professor Razak before he went to see Stiff. As if he was preparing not to see me again or he would die facing Stiff," Forth sighed heavily. "He said he had no way of approaching me to warn me about Stiff's crimes. He didn't know that my friends and I had already started the process of uncovering Stiff and Rose's crimes. Beam paid some people to beat him up, then he hid in the trunk of my car, and pretended to be hurt when I stopped somewhere. He wished he could be with me for a while before he told me about Stiff. However, his plan went awry because I already knew about Stiff and in the end Beam admitted that he got greedy and didn't want to go from me."

"Oh, Beam," Phana moaned. "He always does the unexpected."

"He's full of surprises and makes me feel complete. I've never fallen so deeply in love with someone like Beam. What he does may sound like an obsession, but to me, it just shows how much he loves me."

"You were meant by heaven to be together," Kit sighed. "I hope Beam wakes up and is happy again."

Forth approached the bed and kissed Beam's pale lips. "You heard that, Baby. A lot of people miss you. Wake up and lets get married soon, so I can take care of you for the rest of our lives,"

Forth stroked Beam's forehead gently and kissed his lips longer. Forth whispered over Beam's lips. "I love you so much, Beam Baramee."

Kit and Phana looked at each other with teary eyes.

"Forth, you take a break. Go home and freshen up. You need some time to take care of yourself too. It's Saturday, we'll take turns looking after Beam," Kit said.

Forth hesitated for a moment. "There's actually a document I need to take care of in the next few days and I left it at home..."

"Go," Phana reassured. "You go home and take care of everything you need. We'll let you know as soon as anything happens to Beam."

Forth nodded. He turned back to Beam and whispered in his ear. "I'm going away for a bit, Baby. Pha and Kit will look after you while I'm not around. I'll be right back."

Forth pressed his lips to Beam's and froze when he heard a very low voice.

"Do not go ... "

*****