Chapter 17

"So he said your name, huh?" muttered Phana. He stared intently at the man in front of him, trying to judge what the mysterious Jaturapoom Jamorhnomm  was like.

The name Jamorhnoom is no longer a foreign name in the business and social sector of Thailand.

Since Dean Jamorhnoom's golden age, who served as prime minister for three consecutive decades and brought great glory in the Thai economic, then continued by Gary Jamorhnoom, who is now sitting in his second term as prime minister, to the third generation who are all involved in the world. business that extends to various countries in Asia, Europe, and America.

Of the four Jamorhnooms, only three were heard more often. Thorn, the twins Grand and Wine Jamorhnoom. It's rare to hear the name Forth Jamorhnoom, the youngest who seems to be moving more behind the scenes.

Phana was delighted to learn that Beam had received an offer from Jamorhnoom Center Hospital, one of the three largest and most modern hospitals in Thailand.

Jamorhnoom Center Hospital is well known because they provide a lot of educational and career development and training facilities for the doctors who work there and are also famous because they provide special funds for patients who are unable to seek treatment regardless of the type of illness.

Phana hisself plans to apply for a job at the Jamorhnoom center when his work contract in Australia ends.

Facing Forth Jaturapoom Jamorhnoom in person, Phana couldn't help but feel amazed.

Their ages are apparently the same and Forth's appearance is calm, charismatic and cold, making Phana understand why he prefers to be behind the scenes. Forth is an excellent thinker and he prefers to roll around inanimate objects rather than living things. He is a stunning engineering.

Forth doesn't say much. He only tells the heart of the story he wants to tell and all has to do with Beam. Another story was told by Lam and Park.

However, Phana could see how Forth was staring at Beam. Full of concern, compassion and sincerity. Beam too, staring at Forth with adoration and admiration. Beam, who Phana knew, had never shown such affectionate things to anyone in his life.

Beam did not recognize Phana when he came, but he welcomed him warmly. He even hugged Wayo, who was crying when he met him. Forth smiled to see Beam's face beaming, surrounded by his old friends. Phana and Wayo, Kit and Ming. He kissed Beam on the forehead and left him with them, while he talked to Park and Lam.

Beam listens intently to his four friends talking, telling stories about their times together, especially Phana and Kit who have been with him since their teens. Every now and then he asked.

Bob III delivered food and snacks to the room and wowed Wayo with his ability to make biscuits and chips. Phana becomes a little jealous when Wayo becomes admired by Forth, who Beam calls the designer Bob III.

"Beam, you have to eat and rest now," said Forth after a few hours later. He looked at the other four people. "Park and Lam are waiting for you at the dinner table. We'll talk after we're done eating. I'll accompany Beam for a bit."

Beam stared and grabbed Forth's bandaged hand. His eyes filled with tears. "I am sorry, dear."

Forth laughed. He grabbed Beam's chin and kissed him. "If I have to keep getting hurt so you can remember your past, then so be it. I'm like a dragon. My skin is hard and I'm good at withstanding pain."

Forth closed the room door slowly after making sure Beam was sleeping after finishing dinner and taking medicine.

He was joined by Park and Lam, Phana and Kit and their respective partners on the front porch.

"I think Beam met Stefan when we started to rarely communicate, Pha," Kit said in a sad tone. "I'm too busy with the clinic and my kids to rarely call and ask how Beam is."

"Me too," muttered Phana. "The tight operating schedule makes it difficult for me to manage time. Even Wayo has complained several times because I missed dinner or lunch appointments with him."

"You doctors seem to have a tough life," said Lam worriedly.

"The annual salary that we get, maybe only a coin of your salary, you engineers. Moreover, already a top engineer in your class, with one royalty from a patent alone you can safely be unemployed for two years, while we doctors have to wrestle with blood and wound all year long, "said Phana with a laugh. "But, we do it with pleasure."

"Beam said he was in love with someone," Kit muttered. "But I didn't ask any further. Could he be pointing at Stefan?"

"Maybe," said Park. "Maybe, their relationship went bad because Beam refused to do something Stefan forced him to do."

"Then Stefan tortured him?" asked Wayo in horror. "Poor Phi Beam."

"But, hearing Beam's words this morning, I think, they have known each other before. Beam said that he owes Stefan nothing, after being dumped like trash," said Forth.

"Pha, wasn't it a professor guiding your thesis, one of whom was a psychologist? Professor Razak Satari?" asked Kit.

"Oh yes, Phi Pha, you might be able to ask for his help to make Phi Beam recall his past," said Wayo happily.

Phana flicked her hand. "I'll try to reach him sometime soon. I heard he's been in Nevada recently."

"Phi Forth, did Phi Beam really confirm that he appointed Stiff as Stefan?" asked Ming curiously. "Then that means Stiff and Stefan are the same person, right?"

Park confirmed Ming's words. Lam recounts what Stiff and Rose had done to Phana and Wayo.

"Do we need to kidnap Stiff and torture him so he can tell what he's done to Phi Beam?" asked Ming grimly.

“Ming! Don't mess around,” said Kit as he patted Ming hard on the thigh.

Park and Lam laughed. Park saw Forth and pointed at Ming. "I think we should recruit him into our company, Forth. I like the ideas."

Everyone laughed at Ming's beaming face, but then everyone gasped when they heard a loud scream from inside the room.

Forth ran like lightning. "Beam!"

*****