Chapter 29

"Forth," said Lam quietly.

Park squeezed Lam's hand and shook his head, preventing Lam from saying anything.

Forth sat on the sofa with his face as pale as paper and his hands clenched in his lap. He turned to Tul and hissed. "Keep going, Tul. I want to hear everything. Don't let us miss the slightest thing."

Tul nodded and turned up the volume of the tap. There was Stiff's laughter and Beam's groaning.

"What you did has ruined all the plans that Rose and I had worked out for years. You might as well make our future child suffer," Stiff growled.
"You and your obsession with Forth."

"I love him. No one wants to see their loved ones suffer," Beam replied quickly. His voice faltered, as if someone had silenced his mouth.

"You're disgusting Beammie," Stiff sneered. "You think I don't know what you've been doing to Forth all this time? I've checked everything about you while you were away from me. You followed Forth like a leech, standing behind him with a lustful gaze. You even masturbated with the pictures you took of him quietly. Are you sure Forth wouldn't be disgusted with you if he knew what you've been doing all this time? You even snared him in your arms pretending to be amnesiac."

Everyone in the room could clearly hear Beam's sad cry.

"I don't care anymore. I just want him to be okay. That's why I'm willing to do what you want now. Do whatever you want with me but stay away from Forth. Never come into his life again. You've hurt him enough. He trusts and loves you very much. Even more than Rose, his own fiancé. He considers you his brother."

"You should come with us. I've got everything ready. Forth and his friends think they've managed to keep us busy preparing for court battles, but that's not really what we're doing. Prison is no place for us."

"What are you going to do?"

"You will come with us, be a doctor to treat Rose and the baby, and be my slave," Stiff laughed evilly.

Looks like he did something to Beam because then Beam's voice was loudly groaning and crying.

Everyone heard Forth grit his teeth. "What are Max and Ming doing? Why aren't they there yet?" growled Forth.

"They've arrived, Forth, and seem to have started to spread out to surround the place," Tul said calmly. "We can't act too hastily because there are children's and Beam's lives at stake."

There was a rustle and then silence. Forth, Park, Lam, and Professor Razak gasped.

Kits cry. He grabbed Tul's shoulder in a panic. "Tul, what happened? Why can't you hear anything else?"

Tul looks confused. He pressed a few buttons and put a earphone in his ear. His face paled. Forth stood up and calmly took the earphone in Tul's ear and listened.

After a few minutes he removed the earphone from his ear. "Give me your car keys," Forth said.

Everyone in the room was stunned. Tul looked at Forth with an unreadable look, then slowly handed the car keys to Forth, who immediately walked out of the room. Not long after, the sound of a car sped out of the villa area.

Forth drove his car without thinking. He followed Tul's instructions over the car radio. It wasn't until ten minutes later that he arrived at the location where Beam was being held. Max and several of his men who were hiding behind the rubble and trees were shocked when a bulletproof jeep burst into the wreckage site with a roar.

Max sneaks into the back of the car and ambushes Forth who gets out of the car.

Forth almost slams Max at that point. Their bodies were the same size and they also had nearly balanced martial skills, but Forth's leaner agility  could throw Max down too if he wasn't prepared.

"Forth, what are you doing?" Max hissed confused.

"Where are Beam and the kids?" asked Forth.

"Dren has led several men to rescue and secure the children. They are being held in the barn up north, terrified and starving."

"Beam?"

"They took him."

"What do you mean they took him? Those gunshots? What happened?"

"Stiff dragged Beam when he heard a commotion outside. He was surprised when we took down his men one by one. They were heavily armed and Stiff seems to be using the money he stole from us quite well. I sent Ming to follow Stiff. Looks like they have a safe house nearby."

Forth took the mobile phone in Max's hand and noticed the movement of a red dot on the map application on the phone screen.

Forth patted Max on the shoulder. "Come on! I don't want to lose Beam to that little bastard. I'll take Beam from his hands."

Max gave instructions to his men who were still combing the warehouse area through the walkie talkie. Gunshots and screams could still be heard in some places. He climbed into the passenger seat beside Forth.

"Are you sure you're going to save Beam? He's been lying to you all along."

"He did it for a reason. To save me from Stiff. Stefan," Forth replied calmly. In his heart, he felt restless. Beam was probably hurt and frightened at Stiff's hands.

"He's been stalking you for years. Don't you think that's awful and a bit . . . weird? You heard Stiff say what Beam was doing behind your back."

Ford didn't answer. He pressed the gas deeply and drove the car faster. They arrived at the area where the red dot on the map had stopped moving.

Ming's motorbike lay under a thick bush and Ming crouched down next to it. He looked surprised to see Forth.

"Where are they?" asked Forth matter-of-factly.

Ming pointed to the old house ahead. "Phi Beam was dragged in there through the back door. He looks like he's unconscious."

"How many people are there?" Max asked.

"About eight to twelve, as seen from the outside. There may be a few more inside."

"We'll pave the way for you, Forth. Don't make any noise, because it might put Beam's life in danger. Come in after we've cleaned them up," Max said. He clenched his fists and motioned for Ming to follow him.

Forth nodded and readied a fist. He gritted his teeth and muttered. "I'll pay for what you've done to me all this time, Beammie."

*****