Chapter 11

"I'm not sure ..." muttered Beam, stroking the photo in his hand. "They seem familiar to me but I forgot how they relate to me."

Park pointed to one of the photos, "This is Doctor Phana Kongthanin with his lover Wayo Panitchawat. Phana has been your best friend since you were in junior high school, and in this photo is doctor Kittinan Intochar. Just like doctor Phana, doctor Kit has also been your best friend since junior high school and you even went to college and internship at the same place."

Beam looked even more confused. "College and internship at the same place? But you said they were doctors. Does that mean ..."

Lam nodded. "Doctor Baramee Vongviphan."

"B-but, my name is ... Beam. That's all I remember."

"Doctor?" asked Forth confused. He looked at Lam and Park. "Are you sure?"

"We sent the best detectives to investigate the information Grandpa Tul gave about doctor Phana Kongthanin. He operated on Tul's grandfather four years ago in New York," said Lam.

"Doctor Phana moved to a hospital in Australia last year and Tul flew there to see him," added Park. "He said Beam was his best friend and had lived together in New York and worked at the same hospital for two years. Beam returned to Thailand two years ago, with doctor Kit."

"We had a little trouble finding Doctor Kit because it turned out that he lived in a rather remote area outside the city and opened his own clinic, with his engineering husband Mingkwan. They were surprised when they found out that we were investigating Beam. They've lost contact with each other since separating. They thought Beam was still in Bangkok, and do you know what hospital Beam was last in? " Asked Lam.

"Um? What hospital?" asked Forth confused.

"Jamorhnoon International Hospital," Lam replied with satisfaction.

"What the hell are you going through, Beam?" asked Park, looking at Beam curiously. "You don't remember anything at all?"

"I remember the hospital," muttered Beam, his eyes wandering. "Very large and spacious. There is a garden in the form of a round at the back and there is an inscription on the edge. I often sit on a chair near the inscription, staring at someone's photo printed on the inscription. A photo that I memorize every curve of it. ... handsome. "

"Wait, wait," Park cut in quickly. "The inscription in the round garden at the hospital?"

Beam nodded with sparkling eyes. He looks happy. "You know, some of my colleagues often tease that I'm in love and think of the person in the photo on the inscription as my lover. Sometimes I talk to him, when I'm sad or happy."

"Beam," said Forth quietly. He held Beam's arm. "The photo on the inscription, you don't remember what it was or who?"

Beam stared at Forth. He looks confused now. His hand lifted and he touched Forth's face gently. "That ... you look like the person in the photo," whispered Beam. "I can remember now."

"It is indeed Forth's photo, in the inscription, as a tribute to him after completing the construction of the round garden and the hospital's right wing to treat children with cancer, four years ago," Lam said in a choked voice.

"So that's why you called Forth as your lover, when it first occurred to you? Because you already know him through the photo on the inscription, right?" added Park.

"So that's you," Beam hissed softly. "That's why you  look familiar to me."

Forth held Beam's hand and kissed his soft palm. He looked at Lam and Park. "What else have you found?"

"Doctor Beam Baramee applied for an indefinite leave of three months ago from the hospital and since then no one has known his whereabouts," Park said irritably. "Our investigation ends there."

Everyone fell silent. "Nobody knows about his private life?" asked Forth exasperatedly. "There must be data at the hospital that we can use as a basis for investigations, right?"

"Well, for that, you have to handle it in your power as one of the main shareholders of the hospital," said Lam. "Or you can talk to your mother or grandmother."

Forth squeezed Beam's hand and looked at the man beside him, who looked so innocent with his beautiful eyes met Forth's gaze. "You are the major shareholder of the hospital?" asked Beam in amazement. "You're a Jamorhnoom?"

"The hospital divided the stock into four sections. Forth, his mother and grandmother each held one section, and the other divided for staff and employees."

"All staff, employee, and patient data are strictly confidential and not just anyone can see it," muttered Forth. "I'll try to talk to mom and grandma later."

"Meanwhile we must first let this matter float here," said Park. "We'll find other ways too."

"We've completed the lawsuit against Rose and Stiff. Tomorrow Tul will file the lawsuit against the judge through our lawyers. We'll try to keep you from giving testimony, or only through direct power of attorney to the judge if you really need to," said Lam.

Forth nodded and said nothing. He threw himself on the back of the sofa and closed his eyes. Beam looked at Forth then looked at Park and Lam in front of him. "I'll lie down for a while in the room. I feel a little nauseous," said Forth.

He stroked Beam's hair before walking into the room. Lam took a deep breath. Park punched the sofa cushions with a furious face and talked to Lam. "Really, Babe, if it weren't for Forth forbidding and threatening to fire me as his best friend, I'd rather chop up the two men and throw their bodies into the tiger cage."

"We all want to do that, but Forth will not like it. Even his family does not know what to go through because of the two criminals. He's too kind and it annoys me," said Lam. He looked at Beam. "Well, Doctor Beam, you must be satisfied with your identity for the time being and recover quickly."

"You say Rose's name with hatred. What has he done and made Forth suffer so much?" Asked Beam curious.

"Forth's former fiancé. That was before she betrayed Stiff, our best friend and also Forth's trusted accountant," Park replied with a grim tone.

He took his phone and opened the photo gallery application. He showed Beam one of the photos. "This is us. Forth, me, Lam, Max, Tul, Stiff, and Rose. This is Max and Tul's engagement, one year ago."

Beam studied the photo closely and moments later he held his head, grimacing in pain.

Park was surprised and shook Beam's hand which was now pale. "Beam? What's wrong with you?"

"No, no, no, get him off me, get him off me ..." whispered Beam with a quick sigh. "He's bad, please, don't let him torture me again ...."

Lam stared at Beam's gaze and looked fearfully at Park. Beam points to the smiling Stiff in the photo on Park's phone.

*****