Chapter Seventy-Nine

Beginne am Anfang

"Woah," I heard Lisa say next to me.

"Shut up please." I told her getting annoyed at the sound of her voice since I was trying to focus. I saw in the reflection of the screen people stopping and watching me since I was past 450k right now. My pieces were getting higher and higher to the top and it was stressing me out, but I knew if I got the purple piece, my problems would be solved. And luck was on my side since it was the next piece and I was able to get past the 500k mark. I smiled to myself and decided to keep going until I died.

GAME OVER

The text flashed across the screen and I heard cheering from behind me, which caught me off guard. I looked at my score and saw it was 598k, the new high score on the machine. I thanked everyone for cheering for me.

"That's my best friend right there!" Lisa said happily as she hugged me. I laughed at her antics and she told I should take a picture of my high score and show it to y/n later. I did just that and we continued on through the arcade.

We played Pac-Man, Galaga, Pong, Space Invaders, Frogger, Street Fighter, and more of the classics. But the final game we decided to play was Dance Dance Revolution. It was our last game since it requires the most physical exertion and it would be the most tiring. And since Lisa danced, this was going to be interesting. A dancer against someone who could just get a simple rhythm down with her body.

"Let's do this shit Rosie!" Lisa said as she dragged me over to it and we both put our last tokens in the machine. Lisa scrolled through the songs quickly in order to find a good one to dance to. She stopped on 'Bad Romance' by Lady Gaga. I saw her turn around with a wide grin and I felt myself grinning right along with her as she got into position and hit play.

Ya know how Lisa is a dancer? Yeah, she's absolutely shit at the game. She kept holding onto the bar behind us and like was completely off balance the whole time. I was dying of laughter the whole time watching my best friend struggle with the game. I was able to beat her on all 3 songs that we played.

"This shit is stupid, it's not even really dancing." Lisa complained.

"You just are shit at the game, simple as that." I told her as we exited the arcade and walked down to the pizzeria down the street. We sat down and talked about anything and everything, eating our large pepperoni pizza along with each story.

"So what are you going to do for the one year anniversary with y/n this upcoming month?" Lisa asked me as she took a bite of pizza.

"Well, our anniversary is April 12th which is a Friday and we don't have that school day off since it's a teacher work day. I already told y/n that I'm going to be the one planning it and she was fine with that idea. And I'm not spoiling shit to you because you have a loud mouth and you'll tell everyone that exists on the planet."

"Boo, you suck! Just tell me!"

"Nope, but we are going somewhere and I'll be having my license by then." I said confidently. I heard Lisa gasp,

"What?! You've been doing your in-cars finally?" She asked amazed. I nodded my head,

"Yup, finally gotten over that fear of driving with an old person."

"Sweet! So how many more do you have?"

"I have one more and it's on the 18th, so I can do my driver's test either late March or early April."

"My best friend is going to get her license!" Lisa said happily as she squeezed my hand.

"I know, I'm so excited! I know I'm shit at go-karts, but I am a good driver, trust me."