29: Shit hitting the fan

1078 AP (after phoenix)
THORN ISLAND
CRIMSON PHOENIX 29th

Lexington and Elyria are cleaning up their camp quickly as they know the warding has likely worn off by now.

Lexington: "that should be it, let's go!" He says as they run away from the camp as far as possible and don't run into any Snags. "Okay if we want to avoid snags and the Leafyn then we'll need to stay away from the heart of the forest meaning we're somewhere around here." He says touch the exact middle of the map.

Elyria: "what about the others, we should regroup and warn them." As Lexington nods in agreement and points his fingers towards the sky. Aiden meanwhile is kicking dirt over the fire killing it while Zeke is keeping watch when they see three lightning strikes to the east.

Zeke: "think that's Lex?" He asks as Aiden says it has be as no one can use lightning effectively but they what sounds like wood chipping or clicking. "That sound like anything you recognize?" He asks while Aiden shakes his head when they see a Congregation of snags approaching them. "What the fuck!?" He asks pulling out his morningstar whip.

Aiden: "don't question it for now." He says getting in s stance with his fists being enveloped by flames but they go out soon after. "The hell?" He asks while Zeke twirls his morningstar whip building up momentum and whips towards them as it decapitates two as the others hiss out. "I think you pissed them off." He says attempting to send out a wave of fire but nothing comes out. "My fire isn't working! Go!" He says as they make a run for it.

Sigurd meanwhile in wolf form is running with Lyra holding on as they saw the lightning and are headed there now but Sigurd slows down when he sees a dead student ahead.

Lyra: "who is that?" She asks as Sigurd sniffs the corpse and reels back his head from the stench.

Sigurd: "that's odd, Tomas looks like he's been dead for a few hours but smells like he's been dead for weeks and his body is not decaying naturally... It's like it's changing, shifting." He says as Lyra looks at the corpse and is disturbed by the sight.

Lyra: "we should keep going, this might be what Lex was signaling to us." She says as Sigurd agrees and runs off while Lexington and Elyria are doing their best to avoid the forests but eventually run into a group of Snags.

Lexington: "son of an Aeltonian whore." He says as he moves towards the Snags easily mowing them down with Tempest as he grabs one by the neck and slams it down and finishes it off with a curb stomp squishing it's head with Elyria providing long range fire with her bow getting easy headshots but more keep coming. Lexington slices off one's leg and pierces it's skull.

Lexington kicks one back and sends out scalding hot water as it melts the face of a snag but is blindsided by s snag which claws him right in the chest. Elyria seeing this uses her spectral clone magic and Gale shot in tandem releasing a devestating shot killing a good amount of snags but more just keep coming like a horde. A snag comes up from below pinning Elyria down as Elyria stabs the snag in the face as Lexington helps her up.

Elyria: "there's too many!" She says firing a couple arrows while Lexington keeps slashing snags apart with ease as he uses wind magic to push them all back.

Lexington: "that cliff right there, we might be safe up there hang on!" He says grabbing Elyria and uses wind magic to fly up to the cliff on the mountain and sets her down as Lexington looks at the view seeing what must be hundreds of snags. "Gods." He says in disbelief as Elyria feels the same way.

Elyria: "the others... They'll be walking into a trap, Lex we gotta do something." She says as Lexington nods in agreement and tries thinking.

Sigurd meanwhile is getting close to where they saw the lightning come from but stops dead in his tracks seeing the snags.