10: Phoenix King

*Months prior.*
1078 AP (After Phoenix)
AZURE SERPENT 12TH

Lexington is walking through the crowded streets of Rhodesia looking for someone and growing irritated when he's pulled into a alley and kissed to his surprise but isn't when he sees who it is.

Lexington: "Robyn I've been looking all over you, where have you been?" As Robyn gives him her classic smirk.

Robyn: "I love it when you're all concerned... I just in the tavern." As Lexington shows that he doesn't believe her. "I was practicing my magic on the outskirts but no one saw me I promise." As Lexington sighs with frustration hearing this.

Lexington: "and I've told you before Robyn, until we're out of Rhodesia? You're to not practice magic." As Robyn pouts at him with annoyance. "Do not give me that look you weasel." He says touching her nose. "Look... I'm just worried cause I get why you like this magic stuff, it's certainly exciting but... I can't lose you." He says as Robyn sighs silently.

Robyn: "I know Lex... I'll stop okay?" She asks caressing his cheeks as Lexington nods in appreciation when Robyn smacks his bottoms.

Lexington: "seriously?" He asks embarrassed as Robyn smirks when present Lyra interrupts this.

Present Lyra: "wait that's a thing?" As present Lexington stammers on his words. "uh... Continue." As past Lexington and Robyn are moving through the streets.

Robyn: "so what's the occasion here?" She asks noting the decorations.

Lexington: "20th anniversary of the Phoenix King's reign and also his daughter is officially becoming an adult so there you go." As they see a man thrown out of the tavern. "Think it's Alistair again?" He asks while Robyn contemplates this.

Robyn: "I couldn't imagine anyone else." As they see Alistair walking out.

Alistair: "ah Lex, I see you found the little she-devil." As Lexington has his arms crossed while scoffing.

Lexington: "and I can see you're getting into fights again?" He asks rhetorically as Alistair that the sorry bloke isn't anyone important. "If you say so, what's this job you got us?" He asks as Alistair walks with them.

Alistair: "you're not gonna believe this but the king himself is looking for some extra bodyguards and we are it." As Lexington stops in place hearing this.

Lexington: "have you lost your mind?" He asks getting closer to Alistair and whispers. "I don't mind being a bodyguard but I refuse to be one for this instance... One wrong word and the king could kill me." He whispers with uncertainty.

Alistair: "Lex you're amazing at staying silent, you manage." As Lex sighs heavily shaking his head.

Lexington: "that's not the point, I've been around those of noble birth and they're insufferable, I'm gonna lose it being around him." He says quietly as he leaves but Robyn catches up with him.

Robyn: "Lex think for a moment, I can't even begin to imagine how life-changing this is, just for one night alright?" As Lexington closes his eyes reluctant about this. "Everything will be okay Lex." She says hugging him while placing her cheek against his.

Lexington: "okay just be careful..." As Robyn chuckles gleefully and kisses him as it gets more... Detailed but present Lyra interrupts this.

Lyra: "Lex this is supposed to be a trial where you describe events leading to the crimes you've committed, I don't need the details of your... Intercourse." As present Lexington stares for a few seconds.

Lexington: "you've never done it before have you?" He asks as Lyra lights a fire from her palm. "Okay okay I'll stick to the important details but uh... Basically Robyn said something about how the Phoenix King was a tyrant and how he wouldn't last that much longer, she had no idea he was there." As Lyra feels bad and continues asking further questions.