"➎➒" : sᴀɪɴᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ sɪɴɴᴇʀs ᴡʜᴏ ʟɪᴇ

Start from the beginning

Stefan growled at him again, speeding off to hit him when I suddenly came in between them, Stefan's fist inches away from my face while I protected Damon from his rage. "Stop," I whispered to him, taking his hand in mine. "Don't let him get to you,"

Damon clapped his hands from behind me, chuckling. "Aww...look at you two lovebirds. So cute! Remind me again why it's not you two getting married?" He mocked.

I turned around, punching him in the face as he fell backwards. "I don't know why you're doing what you're doing but you need to stop or your brother would be the least of your problems," I warned him.

He rubbed his jaw, groaning in pain. "Alright," Damon stood up straight, looking at us both, the smirk on his face now long gone. "Care to explain what I just saw?"

"I think it was pretty self-explanatory," Stefan replied from behind me, making Damon sigh.

He shook his head at us, a serious look on his face. "I'm talking about what happened two years ago," He mused, prompting Stefan and me to share an alarming look. "And don't even try to deny it. Caroline told me about your secret rendezvous from after I left for Minnesota...she also told me about how you two completely disappeared for months, emerging out as completely different people...In fact, she's the one who asked me to come back since Stefan wouldn't tell her anything,"

"Yeah, we did. Whose fault do you think that was?" Stefan asked, giving him an incredulous look.

"You tell me..." He replied, glancing between us both. "I've been out of the loop for two years, remember?"

"Maybe you should stay that way," I retorted, crossing my arms. "I forgave you for what you did and now you're accusing me of sleeping with your brother?"

"I'm not accusing you two of anything, Rose but I saw something I can't just ignore, and believe it or not, the forgiveness part is what troubles me the most," He stated, causing us to furrow our eyebrows. "I abandoned you for two years only to walk into your life suddenly and tell you that I loved you...I expected you to scream and yell, try to kill me even but I got something much more worse. How could you forgive me so easily?"

"Because she loves you," Stefan added in, leaning against a tree trunk.

"Yeah... that's why she shouldn't have. Not this easily..." He shook his head, staring directly at me. "Something is going on with you two...You don't drink human blood anymore, Stefan's been practically clinging onto you more than ever before...then there are the books and now I find you two like this," I looked away from him, clenching my jaw as he came closer, grabbing my shoulders. Stefan joined my side in an instant, watching his brother's every move. "What are you two hiding?" He asked. "What are the books about, Rose? How can you forgive me so easily?" He repeated the questions over and over again till his voice got stuck in my mind, playing his words on a loop. "Tell me, Rose! How can-"

"Because I compelled you to stay away!" I yelled at him suddenly, making his wide with shock. "I compelled you to stay away from me,"

"What are you talking about?" He let out a breath, all of us remaining silent.

"Rose, don't -" Stefan tried to stop me but I dismissed him with a wave of my hand.

I turned towards Damon, running my hands through my hair. "It's not you who needs my forgiveness..." I sighed, walking over to sit on the ground and the boys joined me, a horrified Damon listening on. "You didn't abandon me for two years, Damon. In fact, you couldn't even stay away from me for two weeks. You were right about everything, your paranoia, you coming back to me. You called me, wrote to me but it was too late. I had already convinced myself that you were never coming back and when Elena could stand up on her feet two months later, you wanted to come back but I couldn't let you. So, I visited you in Minnesota and compelled you to stay away until someone other than me called you home..."