Chapter 11 - Cell

Thor and I are shoved into a large nasty room-like cell. "Come on." I nod, both of us running at the door and hitting it with our shoulders. We try this four times but it doesn't budge.

"Hey! Take it easy guys!" I look back and gasp as I see a man made of rocks staring at us. "Over here. The pile of rocks waving at you. Yeah I'm actually a thing, I'm a being. Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Korg. I'm kind of like the leader in
here. I'm made of rocks, as you can see, but don't let that intimidate you. You don't need to be afraid unless you're made of
scissors." He laughs to himself as I stare at him in shock. "Just a little rock-paper-scissor joke for you. This is my very good
friend over here, Miek. He's an insect and has knives for hands."

Miek, a slug alien inside a robot exoskeleton, says hello by doing some karate moves.

"You're a Kronan, aren't you?" Thor asks.

"A what?" I ask in shock.

"That I am."

"How'd you end up in here?" Thor asks.

"Well, I tried to start a revolution but didn't print enough pamphlets, so hardly anyone turned up. Except for my mom and her boyfriend, who I hate. As punishment, I was forced to be in here and become a gladiator. Bit of a promotional disaster.
But I'm actually organizing another revolution. I don't know if you'd be interested in something like that. Do you reckon you'd be interested?"

Thor and I try to run ahead down the circle and loop back around
behind Korg, "How did you..." I point.

"Yeah, no. This whole thing is a circle. But not a real circle, more like a freaky circle."

"This doesn't make any sense." Thor says.

"No, nothing makes sense here. The only thing that does make sense, is that nothing makes sense."

"Has anyone here fought the Grandmaster's Champion?" I ask.

"Doug has. Doug!" He sighs, "Oh, right, Doug's dead. That's right. Everyone who fights the Grandmaster's champion perishes."

"What about you? You're made of rocks." I point.

"Perishable rocks." A pebble falls off. "There you go. Another one gone. Yeah, no, I just do the smaller fights, warm up the crowd and whatnot. Wait. You're not gonna face him, are you?"

"Yes we are. Fight him, win, and get the hell out of this place." Thor nods at me.

"That's exactly what Doug used to say. See you later, new Doug." He walks away.

Thor and I sat on the floor and got to know each other....he's actually pretty nice.

Now he was praying or something, "Odin, I bid you take your place in the halls of Valhalla...Where the brave shall live forever. Nor shall we mourn but rejoice-"

Suddenly Loki is in front of us, "for those that have died the glorious death." They say at the same time.

"It hurts, doesn't it? Being lied to. Being told you're one thing and
then learning it's all a fiction." Loki nods. Thor picks up some stones that have fallen from Korg's leg and casually starts throwing them through Loki's illusion. "You didn't think I'd really come and see you, did you? This place is disgusting." Thor throws another stone through Loki. "Does this mean you don't want my
help?" Thor throws another stone through Loki.

"Dude you attacked New York and betrayed your own brother multiple times. Especially when you send a destroyer to kill him! Why would we want your help?" I roll my eyes.